Bored of my iPod... should i jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by viperGTS, Mar 13, 2010.

1. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yup... the title says it all. Basically, im getting rather bored with my iPod (im not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, im actually really grateful that i was able to get such an amazing device in today's bad economy) and im wondering if jailbreaking will help solve this "issue"? Are there lots of cool jailbreak only games or something? i know there is alot of really useful applications like pocket touch and SBSettings... Bassically for my iPod i waste my eliminate energy, update my status on various sites, deposit fake EPW money, etc. and i was really wondering if there are cool new things i could do to it to make it a more fun device.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And has jailbreaking made any of you guys/girls start using your iPod more often now?
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's alot of customization. You can get themes, addons, backgrounding capabilities, and much more. There's many more things in jailbreaking that will keep you at your ipod at all times. I can't live without a jailbroken ipod touch.
  3. yohanns23

yohanns23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dude , Blind Folded ....JUST JAILBREAK YOUR IPOD TOUCH... I Remember When I Got Mine...Used Blackra1n...First Time I Thought About It...Just Gave It A Miss..Then It Just Took Like Hardly 10 Seconds To Jailbreak...BTW Blackra1n Needs A Wifi ...Make Sure YOu Can SUrf On Safari Before Jailbreaking
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or redsn0w.
  5. Dumbledore

Dumbledore Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Damn... the ipod without a jailbreak is only a toy... JAILBREAK RIGHT NOW!! i would jaibreak... if i could)
  6. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Jailbreaking is half of the reason a lot of people BUY the device. Jailbreaking opens you up to a whole new world of fantastic, free applications.

Yes, there are some VERY good homebrew games there. There's also multiple emulators for older gaming systems (up to the Gameboy Advance) so if you like playing those, then jailbreaking is good.

In my opinion, jailbreaking the device makes it MUCH, MUCH better.
  7. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you should defenitaly jailbreak it you can do soooo much more
  8. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so it's mainly for customizing? and emulators?
  9. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea, there is limitless possibilities once you jailbreak. You can backround apps, have ways to switch around between those without even having to look at the springboard, themes; give your iPod the look you want to, there is so many more things, run GBA Games. It would take me way to long to name everything.

EDIT

And yes, I used my iPod CONSTANTLY. It was my device for everything. But, I was forced onto origanal firmware because I got stuck into a bootloop and I can't restore down to 3.1.2.

Whatever you do, DONT upgrade your iPod.
  10. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ^^that is a rare problem and you can wait until there is a new jailbreak^^

it would be used for almost anything, it can even run windows 95 and 3
    you can play mario with a wii-mote, themes, and all those mobile substrate addons!