Bootneuter in Installer?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Applefan69, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Hey everyone.... well, from the day ipwner was released for OS X for iPhone/iPod touch... i tried it out.

I was brave trying it out on its release day, and things seemed to go fine, but i made possibly the DUMBEST mistake possible. Since the process required 1.1.4, i had ot go download 1.1.4. Anyways i was in a hurry so i didnt pay much attention and i accidently downloaded iPhone firmware 1.1.4 (I have an iPod touch) well i tried to use the pwnage tool with iPhone 1.1.4, on an iPod touhc. Things actually worked or at least appeared to. I got the "sucesfully pwned" message. but when i restarted my iPod it never turned back on. I tried everythin im confident I fully bricked it.

Anyways i sent it back to apple and LUCKILY they fixed it for me. I now have a new fully working iPod touch. Im contemplating to try the iPwnage tool again... but then i say bootneuter in installer. Isn't that essentially the same thing? If not then can someone give me the details on that, and if it's safe or what.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bootneuter is only for iphone, it is to unlock and activate the phone

Pwnage Is something different
  3. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

ok thanks, new question, is it worth it that i risk making another dumb mistake (of course i'll be extremely super careful this time around..) but should i try pwning this new iPod touch? or not? what is your reccomendation?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you are just going to Pwn 1.1.4 it's very easy. You still need to do all the normal jailbreak stuff after the Pwn.
  5. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Alright btu is it worth it? Im kinda on the fence right now, regularily im all for hacks and such but ever since i bricked my iPod i'm being very cautious, because that bricking was a rude awakening for me.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well you will need to jailbreak it one way or another. If you follow a good guide it's very simple either way but you must follow the guide and not deviate. I have a simple guide for you right now and Khaos is making a cool repo source to make the process even easier. I can help walk you though the process if you like. Are you on pc or mac?
  7. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Im on a mac, and yes please direct me to a guide, or walk me through it. Im not completely computer illiterate, i've never needed help with hacking before...just now i want to be very cautious... idk how to explain it, i guess you could call it paranoia.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have a .mac account by chance? PM me with an email or IM user name.