Booting not booting? HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JakeOI, Apr 9, 2009.

1. JakeOI

JakeOI New Member

Last night, I used QuickFreedom to jailbreak my Ipod Touch 2.2.1 16GB. Everything went good until today when I turned it off and back on because I was installing a font that required me to respring. So I turn it on, and the custom boot logo appears and it just sits there. I'm not even sure if it's loading with all the apps and etc's I have on my Ipod or it's frozen.

Long and short, I decided maybe I needed to restore. So, I went into DFU mode and clicked the restore button on iTunes, but it says that my IPOD is out of date and needs an updated version of iTunes. I install the newest version of iTunes 8.1.1.10 I believe and it said I had to restart my computer. I do that and I go back into DFU mode and click the restore button but it still shows the message. HELP please! Thanks!

Also, I read that people have a 30 money back guaranteed warranty or something? I bought mine online with the engraving, so does that include?
  2. red_5

red_5 Member

I've heard of problems with iTunes 8.1. Try downgrading to a version of 8.0.

I would check with apple about their policy with engravings. If you do need to replace it, restore it to a stock firmware or you may get screwed when you send it in.

I have also heard that installing fonts will jack up the boot process. If you still have the iPod, in it's non-booting state, start it up, and plug it in. It should show up in iTunes. If you are experiencing the same problem I did, do a NOR-only restore and see if that fixes it.

I hope I'm making sense, I'm writing this reply from my iPod.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's nothing wrong with 8.1, well, that's what MuscleNerd told me.
    And you have to Shift Click restore and select the 2.2.1 firmware.
  4. JakeOI

JakeOI New Member

Actually the problem is solved. Like 10 minutes after I rebooted, I then tried to restore and then it worked.