Bootcamp Internet Problem

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by 360, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 360

360 New Member

Ok i Have searched high and low for the answer to this and i really hope you guys would be able to help me.
    I have a 20" alu iMac.
    I installed Windows XP via boot camp with Service Pack 2.
    The internet worked for about 2 months and then my friend said my anti virus wasn't very good so i should get avg, i got it then rebooted my iMac in windows and then the internet didn't work, it says that i have limited or no connectivity.
    I am now unable to go onto the internet on my windows part of my mac, but the strange thing is that i have super good internet on my mac osx section.
    I am currentally connecting to my dads internet which is only 2 rooms away its a wireless dlink router that has no wep key (hehehe).
    I would be greatly appreciative of anyone who can help me.
    I also tried this and it didnt work
    http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml
  2. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

quite complicating. Have you tried uninstalling AVG? also, use a spyware protection too.

Boot camp has been said to have a [colon] load of problems

I, too had problems in my boot camp days.

So I uninstalled it, and learned to love a mac. unless your goal is to play games via boot camp
  3. 360

360 New Member

my main aim is to play enemy territory on the pc version, although i do have loads of other games that i liked to play online.
    i have allready uninstalled avg because i dont need a virus scanner whils not able to be on the net.
    anyone got any ideas.