boot time?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by simon_ccfc, Nov 28, 2008.

1. simon_ccfc

simon_ccfc New Member

Hi, I just jailbroke my 1st gen ipod touch v2.2, it said it was all successful etc but my touch has been stuck on the boot screen (the pineapple logo) for about 10mins now.

Is this meant to happen?

This is my 1st time jailbreaking my touch, so im still a bit unsure, I used quickpwn as it was recommended to me..

It has made them buzzing sounds a few times while its been connected to my laptop.

Any help is appriciated.
  2. LinkMaster48

LinkMaster48 New Member

EXACT same thing to me,
    I've been waiting for 20 minutes and still nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

What do we do?
  3. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

It Iz supposed to make the buzzing noise but it should be only be stuck at the logo fir a max of 5, wait acouple more minuets and if that doesn't work then rejailbreak
  4. Reaperrr

Reaperrr Member

It helps a lot if you restore first and then jailbreak with nothing on your iPod/iPhone.
  5. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats not true though:
    I jailbroke from 2.1 to 2.2 and just simply upgraded, lost my jailbreak (but all my saved data from appstore apps and my contacts and pictures, and mail, ect stayed)....then used quickpwn, and just redownlaoded all of my jailbroken apps and themes

i havent found any negative effects of simply upgrading firmware rather than restoring to latest firmware