Boot stuck on "connect to iTunes" screen after installing SBSettings update

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by deleted account, Feb 25, 2009.

1. When I launched Cydia 10 minutes ago, it gave me a notification that an SBsettings update came out. Why not? I quickly installed by 3 taps and it asked me to restart SpringBoard. I did so, but the whole iPod 2G switched off. I tried to boot it with the usual tethered method, but after leaving the apple logo, it didn't bring me to the lockscreen. Instead, the boot process ended up with the "connect ipod to itunes" screen.

What should I do and what is the exact cause of the issue? How am I supposed to act in order not to lose any data on the device?

Thanks for your help in advance,
    k3csk3
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    P.S: now the Apple logo is not showing up: it immediately boots with the "connect to Itunes" screen. Looks like when I first switched on my brand new iPod :S
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't think there is any thing you can do but restore. Im not sure if there is way to take out of restore mode for 2g jailbreak.
  3. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i updated. my ipod is working fine..try restoring and re-jailbreaking.
  4. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you connected it to iTunes? My 2G did the same thing the other day (it wasn't after an SBSettings update, though) & when i plugged it in with iTunes open, it was fine, everything still intact.

~Hope it works out
  5. Update: I've found several tutorials about my problem. The main point is that the iPod just can't get out of Recovery Mode (not DFU, Recovery Mode). There are several solutions for the 1G, but for the the 2G, they just do not work :S

So the main question is: how to get out of RECOVERY MODE (with the "connect to itunes" screen) on my tethered jailbroken 2G? I would also try rejailbreaking it, but after glancing at almost a 100 tutorials, it is not guaranteed that the rejailed 2G will leave the recovery mode...
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Like I said, I don't think there is anything else you can do but restore. When you don't have a solid jailbreak things can go wrong.