Boot Screen permanent fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Parrappa, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Heres my situation. I'm on a 2.02 firmware, non jailbroken. When I boot up, I get stuck at the apple logo. It's gonna cost me $30 to send it in to apple, I don't have $30. Is there any fix? Dont link me to the official topic, it won't help me.
  2. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can you tell us what you've already tried to fix it? Have you tried to restore by putting into DFU mode?
  3. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Applications2 method?

How about a simple restore?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I can't SSH because I'm not jailbroken. Restoring fixes it, but the problem shows up again in a few days... I've restored around 5 times in the past couple weeks.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    well restore... and try and find out whats causing it
  6. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Are you installing/upgrading apps directly from your device? If so, restore, and don't do it anymore until the new firmware update comes out.
    I used to have that problem but now only install/update through iTunes. And if it does freeze at the apple logo now, I'm able to reset it by holding the home/sleep button and all is good....
  7. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I do that on a weekly basic, it takes hours to sync, it's simply not worth continually doing that.

Thanks, I'll try this.
  8. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Hopefully it will work for you.
    I feel and understand your frustration as this was happening to me as well...too frequently for it to be "understandable" and just became a hinderance to my enjoyment, not to mention the amount of time and stress this caused.
    While I'd love to be able to use the app store directly from my Touch, the fact that I don't anymore and haven't had any real major problems seems to show they were related...
    Let me know how it works out for you....
  9. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I just restored, I went out, got a few things done, got a buzz cut and came home and it was still syncing. So yeah, the real hassle is loosing all my saved data plus the amount of time it takes to sync. I'm gonna go without using the App Store, I'll PM you in the near future if it continues to be working fine. It makes sense though to not use the app store because of how I got here, I installed an application via the appstore, did a few more app store related things like updates and such on my iPod then it froze, rebooted and stuck me at the boot logo. Thanks for actually giving me suggestions, I really really hope this works. Hope this gets fixed in 2.1
  10. Dave C

Dave C New Member

My pleasure.
    And it better get fixed in 2.1!!!! For my sanity's sake!
    BTW: You can use the app store, just not on your device. Use it through iTunes. My Touch will still freeze when syncing updates, but the force shutdown (home/sleep) and it reboots just fine now....
    It's all about a new updated firmware...
    Anyways, wish you the best of luck.