boot screen infinite loop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amooseinabox, Jul 17, 2008.

1. amooseinabox

amooseinabox New Member

how do you fix the boot screen infinite loop on the 2.0 ipod touch firmware (non jailbroken) without restoring (i'm on a windows based computer and don't have access to itunes)? I have about 50 - 75 dollars worth of applications on my ipod that are not on my itunes does this mean that all that content is lost and i have to re buy it?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is not lost. The Applications are linked to your Account via DRM. You can re-download them for free.

You will not have to restore, most likely, just wait around 5 minutes.

If it is still not working, try Restarting the iPod several times. It has worked for me and saved me from Restoring.
  3. amooseinabox

amooseinabox New Member

what do you mean by restarting it several times? is that like consecutive one after the other really fast or what? and do you know what causes this?
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restart it, wait about 5 Minutes. If it still won't show the Home Screen, Restart and repeat the process. If it still won't show for about 2 - 3 more times, then you may have to restore.
  5. amooseinabox

amooseinabox New Member

alright ill try that what were you doing when this happened to you.... mine was i downloaded the free banner app then went to the appstore after the banner app crashed... it froze restarted it and stuck in the loop for now....

Edit: how do i put a ipod touch into DFU mode on 2.0? and would ziphone 3.0 refurbish or normal mode work for this because i do have accsess now to a itunes account.