Boot Logos And Backup on 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Tayg10, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Tayg10

Tayg10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive got a 1st gen ipod touch running 3.0, and ive done a considerable amount of tinkering to get it the way i like. I want to change my boot logo, but not if it will risk my current configuration. LogoMe is unsupported in 3.0, and i redsn0w seems iffy to me. Is there another solution? If not, ill just go for redsn0w. Although i would be very disappointed if i were forced to restore. Is there a comprehensive backup solution for the ipod touch? When i say comprehensive, i mean a way to back up all of my app's, settings, springboard, etc (like nothing ever happened). Or better yet, can i generate a custom ISPW with my current configuration, then restore the settings with AppBackup?
  2. harrison

harrison New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    very dangerous using logome it will brick your ipod completey if not compatible safest way redsn0w go with that never had issue redsn0w
  3. Tayg10

Tayg10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im not really up to risk it. I was either looking for a fool-proof solution, or (ideally) a backup solution. Thanks for the input.
  4. Spectre216

Spectre216 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redsnow is pretty fool-proof i would think. all you really have to do is click custom boot logo and already jailbroken and it should be fine.
  5. Tayg10

Tayg10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    fool-proof as in 100% compatible?
    i know what im doing usually. :]
  6. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There are 2 forums on how to do this, but I don't think they were Redsn0w 3+, I had to do it with Redsn0w 3, but it was definitely worth it. (Redsn0w 3 didn't have the custom boot loader thingy)

And you can just jailbreak your iPod while it is Jailbroken with Redsn0w, and you won't lose anything. If you do it right
  7. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cant help but notice the fine print there
  8. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I thought Redsn0w for 3.1.2 will work for earlier versions, allowing changing the boot logo without rejailbreaking, by selecting already jailbroken and by either selecting the pwnapple or a custom logo.

I think I read about it first at the Dev-Team Blog, announcing there was something special.
  9. Tayg10

Tayg10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for the confidence. i was just worried to mess with it, since its had a lot of work done it it, lots of apps, etc. Anyway, it worked.

Please Register or Log in to view images

if anyone likes the boot logo, PM me and ill take out "ayasugi"
    its a little grainy, i had to index it to get it >100kb. looks good on teh ipod though ^_^
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^fail.... if you have to have something that weird as your boot logo at least cut it out better.