Boot from ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by biotito, Oct 7, 2008.

1. biotito

biotito New Member

Hi everyone can it be possible to boot your macbook from an ipod touch, if so how?
  2. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

Yes, you will need first to download the Fedora 2.011Beta C Bootloader. Google it. Then once that is installed on the MEDIA partition of your iPod, load the RAMDISK driver from the partition with 2400 as your compactment variable. Make sure all files are labeled between 1-200 depending on the Macbook Model you have. To determine this number locate your Mac's serial number and fine the 3 variables that are Empirical formulas of X and your Macbook's MAC Address. Then connect your iPod, put it in DFU mode, then restart computer. Computer should automatically boot with the loaded OS. Make sure that the Clock Speed is in ratio to the 2 hardware specifications.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

What the f***?

Can't you boot it with Remote?
  4. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ROFL!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. biotito

biotito New Member

ok this is my problem as much as i want to understand what you are saying, i don't, because i'm new at this so can you explain it to me in details, thanks!!
  6. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, you will need first to download the Fedora 2.011Beta C Bootloader. Google it. Then once that is installed on the MEDIA partition of your iPod, load the RAMDISK driver from the partition with 2400 as your compactment variable. Make sure all files are labeled between 1-200 depending on the Macbook Model you have. To determine this number locate your Mac's serial number and fine the 3 variables that are Empirical formulas of X and your Macbook's MAC Address. Then connect your iPod, put it in DFU mode, then restart computer. Computer should automatically boot with the loaded OS. Make sure that the Clock Speed is in ratio to the 2 hardware specifications.

In simple terms: YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
  7. biotito

biotito New Member

that may be, but still i'm a good f***ing looking idiot!!!
    jajajaja...
  8. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)

I have Remote but don't you need iTunes to be started for the application to work?
  9. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, you can do it. But make sure you use a jailbroken iPod Touch 2g. Nothing else works.

Once you've got this, access Cydia and download "OSBoot". It's seriously stepy by step from there.
  10. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ohhhhh. i thought you meant like the same thing as booting from a disc or a usb stick.