Boot from DFU without restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zugzwang, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zugzwang

zugzwang New Member

hey guys, ive had my touch JB for over 3 months now, but for no apparent reason it slipped into DFU mode, I'd like to boot it back up without having to restore it, I have some information i'd really like to keep (not backed up.)

Iv'e been searching on how do to this, but can't really find much on it.

Is this possible, any suggestions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    could someone help me out here? ive tried voltage any cywood, I could really use some suggestions.
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hold down the home button + the power button and continue holding them down entill you see a boot logo hope this helped.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have a tethered jailbreak or are moving from a tethered jailbreak to untethered? If so you'll have to remove the tether first. Post up more details on your device and your predicament and we'll try and get you a solution.

Also please note that posting in multiple threads isn't going to help, but a clear well described account of your problem with lots of detail about your device and how the problem occurred is the best way to get your questions answered and help find you a solution - I can guarantee someone here has had the same problem before and can advise.
  4. zugzwang

zugzwang New Member

You guys are asses, Iv'e already restored my ipod touch and lost very important information I would have loved to keep. The REASON, I was posting on old forums is because many of those Ive read having "similar problems" were posted there, many of these people do not come into the forum often or have not been here for several months or may never come back except for my post, and when posting on a particular OLD threads they can be notified in several ways which would draw them to the page and check out my question, i.e. rss, email, forum notification, etc.

My reasons go on, but its obvious some here have simplistic minds to the point of being ridiculous.
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. We are not rewriting our rulebook or our forum ethos just to satisfy your self-importance. Bumping threads achieves nothing apart from annoying lots of people, as I have already stated to you. You will not get a response in a conversation that ended weeks and months ago. All that will happen is that another member will report it and teh moderators will have to waste time cleaning it up. Your failure to get a decent response in your thread requesting help is due to your lack of patience in waiting for a reply and your seeming inability to properly outline your problem and give sufficient background information. Again, as I have already stated.

In short, don't come here firing off on other people due to your own failures, mistakes and inability. We're here to try and help. We're not here to act as your punch bag.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.