boost my ipods signal....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fight4thegirl, Jun 21, 2009.

1. fight4thegirl

fight4thegirl New Member

im usng my ipod touch 2g, but cant get good connection.
    im using my neigbors router wifi. anyway to boost my wifi on my ipod to get
    better signal?

p.s. im gonna get a router, but how do u use it?
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You just plug it in.

I could probably write an article on boosting the ipod wifi range but you probably don't want to do any soldering on your touch so it's a mute point.

I hope your neighbor is ok with you using his wifi.

Incidentally, if you are going to buy a new wireless router I would recommend finding one that is compatible with OpenWRT, you may later find you want some of the advanced features OpenWRT or DD-WRT offer. As a security enthusiast I use these features since (as you well know) wireless is less than secure, even if you have encryption turned on.

For anyone else reading this it does appear the new wireless drivers in 3.0 do in fact handle things differently, I personally can see more networks than before, but my speeds are not quite as fast as before. They are still acceptable but I do notice them a tad bit slower.
  3. fight4thegirl

fight4thegirl New Member

so what kind of router should i buy. and whats the cheapest?
  4. roberto13055

roberto13055 New Member

5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware.html

That is the list of manufactures, under each link is a list for their devices and if they are supported and to what extent. There is not best router, it's a choice so you will have to do a little research to find out what the cheapest most reliable router you can get where you are is that is on the list of supported ones.

In general if you can find a Linksys WRT54gs v1.0 or v1.1 you will have most functionality but wont have the ability to do all the hardware hacks like adding lcd monitors and stuff. You also will not be able to buy one of these new in a store though.