books application not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by adams3276, Apr 29, 2008.

1. adams3276

adams3276 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey everyone

everytime i try to go into the books application it either doesnt display the books or it opens the program and just has a large picture of the books icon in the middle. anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?
  2. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    EBooks fix

Make sure permissions are correctly set on both the books application its self, and the EBooks folder, if you need to know how to do this let me know. They should both be set to 0755, I believe. I had the same problem, and this fixed it perfectly.
  3. Mikelx215

Mikelx215 New Member

I had the same problem. The image means that the app can't find your books. The folder that the new books app reads your books from has changed. Either manually move your books or install new ones from installer.
  4. adams3276

adams3276 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for your suggestions, ive tried what you guys recommended but im still not able to fix it. i wonder if i am installing the right version of books or if there is another setting in the ipod that is causing the problem?
  5. bigdrunk

bigdrunk New Member

The path to the book files has changed. You'll need to install AFP to change the path. I just moved mine to the new location and Books picked them all up.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60322&page=2
  6. adams3276

adams3276 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys for all of your help, i was finally able to get it working with your suggestions
  7. nastrand

nastrand New Member

I've tried doing exactly what's been mentioned here...

Namely using chmod to set the Books.app folder and EBooks folder (in the var/mobile/Media folder) to 0755, however Books still crashes after a bit of time.

I installed Books 1.4-r469 via iGopher, as I don't have a WiFi connection.