Bookmarks delete themselves

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gskellig, May 4, 2008.

1. Gskellig

Gskellig New Member

I have an ipod touch (1.1.4 16GB) and a couple of days ago, all my safari bookmarks were gone. Ever since then, when I add a bookmark it deletes itself within 10-15 minutes. My recent history, cache, and cookies are cleared as well. If I login to a website, it will only last a couple of minutes before logging me out. I have no idea why this is happening. Anybody have ideas?
  2. Canuck

Canuck New Member

yeah, I'm having the same problem. Anyone got any solutions to this problem?
  3. Gskellig

Gskellig New Member

I think it might have to do with the fact that I downloaded an application off of the installer that said it gave me safari features, like copy and paste and stuff, which it did but I didn't read the "More info" page which said it deletes all your bookmarks. However the more info page ALSO said if you remove this application, all your bookmarks will be restored. Which they weren't, and now they won't stay after I put them there.

I'm really not looking forward to it, but I might just start over with a restore to get my bookmarks back...
  4. Gskellig

Gskellig New Member

Sorry if I'm not allowed to bump, but I've looked a lot of places and haven't found a solution, I think I might just spend a few hours restoring my ipod and all my applications/music to fix this.
    I hope my previous info about the bookmarks app helped anybody else with this program.

If I were you, I wouldn't install anything off of the installer.app that messes with safari bookmarks.