BodyGuardz vs Rebel/NeoTouch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TerioN, Dec 27, 2008.

1. TerioN

TerioN New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, I just got a new iPod touch 2g and I need a case for it. Now before I saw the RebelTouch in some youtube videos, I was going to get BodyGuardz because I just love the naked look of an iPod Touch, with the shiny chrome and everything. And then I saw RebelTouch and NeoTouch, and now I'm torn. Rebel and Neo both look amazing too, and they have drop protection as well as scratch protection, unlike BodyGuardz. However, they are $5 (Rebel) or $10 (Neo) more expensive. Also, I think it's good to add that I don't plan to drop my iPod LOL. I'm pretty careful with my things, so I don't think I will be dropping it often, more worried about scratches.

So... which one do you think I should get?

BodyGuardz is cheaper, only has scratch protection, has that nice naked look
    Rebel/Neo is more expensive, has drop and scratch protection, has a good look too.

Based solely on aesthetics, I think the best looking one would be BodyGuardz, then Neo, then Rebel.

Oh btw, I already have a Griffin iClear case, but I don't like at all. Still, if I get BodyGuardz and I know I'm gonna go into a place where I might drop my iPod, I can always just put my BodyGuardz iPod into the iClear.
  2. Kn0wnTooWeLL

Kn0wnTooWeLL New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're going to drop it... I know you will. Without a grip like the Rebeltouch then you'll drop it... I'd personally get the Rebeltouch because it looks awesome and has a grip, shock, and screen protection. Plus it comes with the cleaning cloth and the screen protectors... and the screen protection from the lip. It overall has great protection from everything.
  3. TerioN

TerioN New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The RebelTouch has grip, but apparently so does the BodyGuardz. I think I watched a YouTube video where some guy put his iPod Touch on the top of his car then went on the highway. After an hour or so, the iPod Touch is still on the car.

Pretty good grip IMO

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Also, I have no problem gripping my iPod when it isn't in a case. It's actually perfect when it's not in a case

Please Register or Log in to view images

. The iClear grip sucks though.
  4. ZEvangelist

ZEvangelist New Member

I'm pretty sure that the iPhone on top of the car was covered by the invisibleSHIELD. Check out their videos. Also ZAGG is having a 30% off sale sitewide right now. I'd check it out! ZAGG.com.
  5. TerioN

TerioN New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Isn't Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz the same? But anyways, even if it wasn't BodyGuardz will probably have at least some of Invisible Shield's grip.

Also I'm in Canada so Invisible Shield doesn't ship here, plus I don't want it anyways. BodyGuardz is much better apparently XD.
  6. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

definentally the rebel touch (or neo touch whichever one you like best) with all those extra addins, you will drop it once for sure and both those cases have good protection, and look nice, you cant go wrong with thm
  7. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Personally, I strongly dislike Zagg, and this is why. They have site workers like this who post advertisements in forums as real users - they had another user here, too, who would always claim that Bodyguardz/BSE were different from Zagg. Marketing "tactics" like this are just immature and unnecessary for a "mature" company like Zagg.

Anyhow, if you're going with clear skin protection, BSE/Bodyguardz/IS are all the same.

As a user of a clear skin (BSE) I would recommend a case, for drops. I might get a RebelTouch soon.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The main difference between ZAGG and the competition is mostly in the warranty - that's it. The material's almost identical, but they do replace for free... and I have had to use it for other devices. Shipping's taken care of, and all I do is send in the old one afterwards.
  9. TerioN

TerioN New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    BodyGuardz has lifetime warranty too, although I don't know about the shipping. Anyways it seems I will probably get a RebelTouch. Should I get red/black or just black? Red/black's back is so sick, but the front might get boring after a while.

[EDIT] On some reviews on Youtube, people mention that the RebelTouch's back gets highly scratched. So the case itself gets scratched, not the iPod. Is this true?

[EDIT2] After LONG hours of research, (waste of my life XD) I think I'm just gonna get the BodyGuardz... =/ Yes I know, no drop protection but the Rebel apparently has this back scratching problem, and sag. The Neo's logo on the back doesn't allow the iPod to sit flat, and it's $30 (Expensive!).

Rebel and Neo look cool, but the naked look of an iPod is just way better XD. Let's hope I don't drop it... or change my mind AGAIN. LOL
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Just get a case and put a Gelaskin/BSE/InvisibleShield on the iPod. The back scratching up is on the INSIDE (the iPod's back) as the Rebel may distort or stretch around the edges not clamped down by the spine.