Bodyguardz iPod touch 2G back shield review!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kOrNwHeAt, Sep 28, 2008.

1. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So I applied my Bodyguardz back shield to my new iPod Touch 2G last night. I have some pictures and I was going to post them last night, but I live in a dorm and I got a little too tipsy lol. So here they are and an updated one 24 hours later.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is everything they provide you with. Take note this is only the back shield package, I did not purchase a full body shield or a screen shield at all. It comes with two back shields, some application solution, a credit card like squeegee, and instructions.

This is my iPod Touch 2G before I applied the shield. I kept it in a baggy since I bought it a week ago to keep the back from getting scratched. It actually worked really well as you can see.

This is after the installation. Unfortunately I had to use both back shields they provided. I was doing the application process on the instruction sheet they provided and a little bit of the sticky side of the shield got on the sheet and when I peeled it off some of the paper came with it. You can't really tell, but there are some bubbles and there is still fuzziness which is actually solution still trapped under the shield.

This is 24 hours later. There are still some bubbles which will eventually disappear, but the fuzziness from the solution trapped under the shield is gone, in other words the solution has dried out.

You can't really see it, but the white spot just above the volume button and the smaller white spots to the left of it are the largest air bubbles left. I hope that eventually they will work themselves out.

Overall I like the Bodyguardz back shield. It feels good in my hand and I no longer have to carry it in a baggy to save it from scratches. Getting out the bubbles was a little hard because the back of the 2G is curved. The squeegee made this more difficult because it didn't bend, it was basically a small thick credit card. If the squeegee was like the one the invisibleshield provides with their shields then it would have worked great because that one is a bendable rubber one. However, I still prefer Bodyguardz over invisibleshield because it was only $20 for two back shields where as invisibleshield would have been a lot more for the same and plus they don't even offer the back shield for the 2G on its own yet and if they did you would have to special order by calling them. Also, I think the Bodyguardz shield doesn't show the waves as much as the invisibleshield if you look at it from an angle.
    The Bodyguardz shield covers about 99.5% of the chrome back. It wraps around the sides almost to the other side of the Touch and it covers the little strip of chrome between the dock port and the front of the touch and it covers the chrome strips between the hold and volume buttons and the front of the Touch also.
    In my opinion, if you're trying to decide between bestskinsever, invisibleshield, or Bodyguardz I would say chose Bodyguardz. BSE is cheap, but does not offer protection on the small parts and does not provide solution or a squeegee. Invisibleshield offers good protection coverage, a good squeegee, and a little bit of solution, and offers a lifetime warranty, but is pretty expensive. Bodyguardz offers good protection, a lot of solution(about 2.5-3 times as much as invisibleshield gives you), and also has a lifetime warranty, and is relatively inexpensive if you're looking for only one side of the shield.
    I vote Bodyguardz all the way.
  2. KINU 44

KINU 44 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    whered you get it from?
  3. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    where did i get the bodyguardz shield from? I got it from the bodyguardz website
  4. loserxprod

loserxprod New Member

bodyguardz.com

I agree with the thread creator. I've actually owned all 3.
    I used an InvisibleShield on a 8gb iPod Touch 1g. My brother told me about this, and I bought it for $25. I didn't think it was too expensive then. I put on the skin and it was amazing at first.. and then some parts of the skin started to peal up.. and i couldn't put it back down, so it kinda made me mad.

My brother later then told me about BodyGuardz and it was 2 for $25, and I was goina buy one for my 1g iPod Touch, but then the 2g came out and I knew I wanted it, so I bought it for the 2g. 2 for only $25 was a great price, and from what i'm experiencing right now, I love BodyGuardz because I know I still have one in the box in case something happens with this one that annoys me. I couldn't do that with the Zagg (InvisibleShield) one.

I also bought a bestskinsever for my blackberry curve because there was not a case on it. Comparing the 2 skins (BodyGuardz and bestskinsever), you can tell easily that there is something on my blackberry. If you reflect it off lights, you can see more "dimples".

So in conclusion, BodyGuardz is the "best" if you're willing to spend $25 for 2. The coverage and the clearness is the best. If you want to not spend so much, get a bestskinsever for $7 each or somewhere around there. For me, I will probably never get an invisibleshield in my life anymore.

5. Apizao118

Apizao118 New Member

How Clear EXACTLY is the bodygaurdz... I'm really anal about these kind of things. I bought a invisible shield for my Nano and i was NOT pleased due to the orange-shield (little dimples) effect. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to just order the back bodygaurdz and get a low quality walmart film cover ($5), cause those are actually surprisingly clear.
  6. 2o2

2o2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yea i applied mine earlier today, it is awesome, there are no bubbles that i am aware of, and i was surprised how well teh touchscreen still works! it feels a little less sleek, but also alot more sturdy! i would def get this! BTW i ordered the front and the back, the front is probs more ipmortant than the back b/c of the screen though!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry to double post, but to answer your question, it is pretty clear, you can only notice small waves if you look at it very closely with the screen off! otherwise it looks the same as a regular 2G ipod
  7. loserxprod

loserxprod New Member

Well, I think the back is more important because of that extremely-easily-scratched back.. and the front is glass.. so it's apparently unscratch-able..
  8. touran22

touran22 Member

do they ship to london do you know?
  9. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't know about London, but yeah I don't really like these kind of shields for the screen. I think fingerprints show up more and it feels harder to do things like slide to unlock or zoom in or out. I have a powersupport glossy protective shield on my screen for now and I will get probably either an anti-glare film or glossy film from them once they come out with ones that are sized for the 2G
  10. loserxprod

loserxprod New Member

If you like your back scratched, then that's fine. In my opinion, who cares about the finger prints? You can take them off easily. It's better than having a scratched back. And sliding is the same for me, so yeah.