Bluetooth with DBT?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by SkaterGOD/DOOD23, Jan 5, 2008.

1. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Before reading this, please acknowledge that I SEARCHED and no one had anything about a DBT device so this is the first one

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I have a bluetooth DBT, it is basically a USB "radio" for the bluetooth, I tried to stick it into my IPoT's USB cable but the fit didn't work. Here is a picture of the device:

If you want to know more about it visit this URL(read Product Description):
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=34

Now, I was thinking, if we can somehow get this device to STICK into the ipodtouch vis USB or something else. The IpoT will recieve Bluetooth capabilities and we can all use bluetooth instead of buying a $25 microphone from Walmart. For now, I recognize that the microphone is the easiest to use, but this is just something to think about. I have sent files via. my computer and also talked on the phone via my computer with this Bluetooth DBT plugged in. It made my computer Bluetooth useable; why not an IpoT?
  2. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    let me see if I can clear some stuff up about blutooth and iPods. Fist off all the Bluetooth adapters for iPods are ad2p. They send music to bluetooth head phones that amplify the music. Its only one way. Now the Bluetooth profile for cell phone headsets are 2 way mono. Now the doc conector on the iPods for audio out and in are not amplified. So any audio you try to get into the iPod must be amplified. You could buy a bluetooth dongle with a standard 2.5mm cell phone conector but you would need to amplify the audio going into the iPod and also the audio coming out of the iPod or use the iPods already amped headphone jack for audio out. As far as a Bluetooth USB dongle. I would think that would never work first for drivers, software, conection. And you still need an amp for the line in.

If someone knows more about this please post. I just want to hammer this bluetooth stuff out a lot of people are asking.
  3. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I know that before I plug in this DBT on my computer I cannot use Bluetooth, but when I do I can Bluetooth. So it would be safe to say that if we find out what happens when the DBT plugs into the computer and implement it to the touch we may have a breakthrough. I for one know that when it is plugged in it installs something in my driver so I can use it in the future. Let us start with that, shall we?
  4. uphi

uphi New Member

Hello, this is Earl, the goy who came up with the Walmart iVoice III mod. I have been working on a BT solution for a while. I am willing to share what I have learned if there is interest. BTW, the BT dongle is 2-way. The one I have. The problem is software in the touch to accept the BT mic audio. Anyone want to help ?
    Earl
  5. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd love to help! But I'm not that experienced in writing software

I would like to talk more with you guys about a possible SipVOIP with incoming calls and voicemail, tell me your IRC #?
  6. uphi

uphi New Member

7. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi Earl I Have done your mod. Its very cool. What profile of bluetooth is you adapter using? ad2p is one way audio. Wouldn't the dongle you have need to support headset profile or hands free profile? Now ad2p is two way but from what i know, its only for audio controls like play pause.