Bluetooth? What can I use it for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Ichapod., Jul 4, 2009.

1. Ichapod.

Ichapod. New Member

I downloaded the new software this afternoon. I'm a bit old so not clued up on all this techno stuff. What actually can I use the iPod bluetooth for? I can't seem to discover either my laptop or my mobile phone on it. Yet both can find the iPod. Can I bluetooth photo or music files from one to the other or is it just for speakers or headphones?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. GopherTee

GopherTee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    From what I understood, the bluetooth on the ipod touch 2G was voice and pairing with another ipod for gaming. Well, I purchased 3.0 to use a bluetooth ear piece to use as a mic, however this doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be great!
  3. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The bluetooth is unlocked but its very limited on the ipods....it basically lets you atatch to other ipods and the apple bluetooth headsets that they sell for way too much.. it is very stupid and I am not even sure if we can get a full unlock on the bluetooth. it would be difficult but some people r supposedly making progress. for now it doesn't do much.....
  4. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    we will get a full unlock eventually from the iBluetooth team....the worst part was getting the Bluetooth to be unlocked...well...it has been so now it's just a matter of time..if the device is discoverable, it can be accessed....let's just exercise patience here and wait for the iBluetooth team to come up with something like they did for the iPhone 2G