Bluetooth questionehs.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by eldavo, May 24, 2009.

1. eldavo

eldavo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok. First, I have a Motorola H500 headset I want to test with (from dads really really old phone, lol.).

When I go into the bluetooth tab, it searches and searches but nothing comes up. If I try and pair with my phone, it recognizes it, but cant do anything with it of course, then the device is on the tab the whole time, even if I turn the bluetooth off on my phone.

So can I pair it? Its not popping up on the tab on bluetooth, but my phone recognises it.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

On iPod Touch 2G, bluetooth is still in development. Its not 100% complete, and that why it won't detect certain devices. In the final release of 3.0, it should be working perfectly.
  3. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Is that headset stereo bluetooth? because as of right now you cant attach devices as of otherwise.

Unless apple gets smart and allows headsets to be connected to the iPod, but i Guess they wont, since its not the iPhone, which gets the most attention, after all.
  4. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If they do allow you to use bluetooth headsets in the future, I'd assume it'd be in the form of a paid firmware upgrade, just because they can. I'd love to be able to use my bluetooth headset with my iPod for listening to music. I'm not 100% certain how good it would sound, but I'd use it. People would NEVER be able to see when I'm listening to music.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Just had the idea to connect my headset up to my Mac Mini to see how it sounds. It doesn't sound GREAT, but I would definitely use it to listen to music just because it's 100% invisible.