BlueTooth on my Laptop?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by lolmao, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so my laptop came with bluetooth (i used to sync my fone's music with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

), but then the laptop's hard drive crashed, sent it to hp and it came back without bluetooth? how can i get it back?
    PLEASE HELP

2. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check if there's an option in your BIOS to disable this. My old lappy had one to disable BT and Infrared, so just give it a check.
  3. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wheres BIOS
  4. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you press the on button on the computer, press F1, F2 and Delete over and over (seperately, not at the same time) and a menu will come up where you can change settings before it starts to load Windows.

Flick through the menus til you find something about Bluetooth.

Don't play with boot order or anything, if you stuff up something then just reset the CMOS, there are ways to do so in the BIOS, just look for the option.

What model is your laptop? I'll do some research for you.
  5. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HP pavillion DV2000
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    btw brb im gonna restart and try

i coudnt get into BIOS :/
    help?
  6. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you start the computer watch carefully,

there will be a prompt to enter BIOS. This is from the HP site - When the HP or Compaq logo appears, press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup Just press it over an over again until you see 'Entering Setup' or something like that.

Once in your BIOS it will probably be in the section 'Attached Devices' or 'Peripherals' or something like that.

But, before you do that, I would find your 'My Computer' icon Right-Click it, and choose 'Manage'. If it's Windows 7 click the Start Button and Right-Click where it says 'Computer' and choose 'Manage' ... when you're there choose 'Device Manager'

In your Device Manager go through and see if you can find your Bluetooth module. (It may show up as an 'Unknown Device' or something like that) It may just have to be Enabled in that section, or you may need to update the driver for it. Did you get a CD / DVD with the PC when you bought it? There may be a driver on there you have to install.

It's probably a driver. If they just replaced the hard drive, they wouldn't have even gone into your BIOS.

Good Luck!
  7. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks its there, but the files are unfound in device manager, i reckon the files on the harddrive were wiped, but theres an icon, ill try BIOS this arvo ;D thanks

EDIT
    in bios there was no pheriphals or devices :/