bluetooth on ipod touch 2g 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew124, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Andrew124

Andrew124 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me soon because i want to get my bluetooth working on my ipod.....

1)can i use a wireless headset on my ipod

2)if so i have a motorola HS850 wireless headset that i got to use for my ps3 but i dont use it anymore since i have a camera that i can talk trough for it now..

3)also how do i get it to show up when the ipod is searching for devices

i have no clue and i really want to get this working tonight so that i can show my friends on my schools wireless network...

PLEEASE HELP!!

Thanks, Andrew​
  2. charman123

charman123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Similar Problem

I tried pairing my bluetooth headset with my ipod touch 2g 3.0 and got no where. After a little investigation, it seems that the bluetooth profile supported by the touch is the stereo profile only. I had been tempted to pick up a sony bluetooth adapter a few months ago but held off when I heard that Apple was going to officially support bluetooth. The price on that declined significantly during the weeks leading up to the official 3.0 release. The price is now back up where it was 3 months ago (I think I know why). I found it mind boggling last year that my touch did not support bluetooth. I now find it mind boggling that Apple is only cracking the door open on bluetooth and not allowing it's full functionality.