Bluetooth on iPod Touch 2G 3.0 help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by bigcj55, Mar 18, 2009.

1. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My iPod Touch 2G is running the 3.0 firmware just fine, but i'm wondering what is up with this.If you go to settings and then general it says bluetooth!You can turn it on,search for devices,be discoverable, i'm even paired with my phone!But(sorry for starting a sentence with but), my phone recognizes it as a headset and i can't send/receive any files.WHat all CAN I do with it???
  2. Augusta

Augusta Banned

Bluetooth headphones, bluetooth to bluetooth gaming, that sort of stuff.

Why don't you check up on the other Bluetooth thread? should answer questions you have.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

The only "official" use apple revealed at the event regarding the iPod Touch 2G specifically was Peer-to-Peer gaming, and I think maybe even A2DP Stereo.

EDIT: Theres also the ability to "talk" to 3rd party hardware (for example, a bluetooth remote for your Stereo)
  4. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    *Sigh* ok....now my motorola Hint is all retarded connected to my iPod Touch...oh well..Bluetooth icon looks cool....:/
  5. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i got bluetooth connected to my computer, and umm..... its hella glitchy. the song was coming out my computer speakers, but way messed up. i cant even describe it. the song was sped up, or playing at a different pitch or something.

but yea, i grinned from ear to ear when i saw that bluetooth symbol light up.

and PS: they need to move that bluetooth symbol in the music controls. it makes my volume bar shorter, and it looks weird. oh well, i guess i could get used to it.
  6. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Remember this is just a beta version. I'm sure they'll be changes in the official one. This one is bound to have bugs.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Not surprising... Those of you who went for the beta version are sure to encounter all sorts of bugs and which Apple will rectify before the OS' official release this coming June... And yeah, the sight of the Bluetooth icon lighting up gives a nice feeling of finally fully-utilizing the touch 2G's BT capability!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

question what is A2DP Stereo? I have to ask...
  9. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

its a profile that the bluetooth uses to wirelessly transmit stereo audio check up on wikipedia it will give you a more advanced explanation

EDIT ---- Went and copied it for you