Bluetooth on 2.x.x

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lawrencelaptop, Apr 6, 2009.

1. lawrencelaptop

lawrencelaptop New Member

Right, no one yell, cause I don't know how elementary (or bloody complex) this is.

Essentially, now with the 3.0 update the suspicions of the Broadcom chip in the iPod touch 2nd gen has been confirmed to support bluetooth. The 3.0 beta now does. I was going through a 2nd gen jailbroken device a few days ago and noticed that in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks ect (not sure if thats right) there is a folder called Bluetooth.PrivateFramework

It set me thinking that if someone could lift the folder off a jailbroken 3.0 device, then push it into the 2.0 one, would it not be possible for the bluetooth setting to become accessible through the 2.0 software?

I do a bit of iphone/ipod touch development but only at a basic level, so I'd understand that a bit of tweaking- or alot- would be involved but surely it would be possible?

Sorry if I've repeat posted but I was just wondering.

(I realize something of this kind has been released through the jailbreak but it was very buggy at least- this could provide a stable release through Apple's own drivers and support code)
  2. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    interesting theory.. but idk if thats the only thing driving the bluetooth to acutally work... there may be some files in the firmware that make the bluetooth work... but idk... interesting tho.
  3. lawrencelaptop

I would think there would be more...

...frameworks to go with it, but it would be a simple job to find all the other folders- who knows, it may even just fit into place after a reboot!

With the OS upgrade to 3.0 there may be some fiddly >1kb files hidden around the system but in reality, the operating system on these things are rock solid- its harder to break them than it is to fix, so it's worth a try.

I think I might try it myself tonight just to see, so I'll post my results here in case anyones interested in whats probably going to be an epic fail

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Maybe you'll mess up your BTserver process. But it's worth a try. But how can you extract frameworks from the 3.0 software? Do you have a 1G to jb the 3.0 b2? anyways just tell us.
  5. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

What we need is someone with an iPhone. Then we could QuickPWN it to 3.0 beta 2 and extract the files. Then we could import and integrate them into 2.2.1.
    On the second thought maybe its something else because when you run bluetooth it has problems registering with launchd.
  6. lawrencelaptop

Problemsss

That was the problem.

Heres the situation, I have two iPod touch 2nd gens at my disposal. One is on 3.0 2nd beta and one is on 2.21 jailbroken. I also have the restore files for the 3.0 betas. Problem is i cant jailbreak the 3.0 caause its second gen, and if I jailbroke a first gen iPod it would have no point cause no bluetooth and so no drivers. Also, I believe the iPhone has a different wireless chip in it so different drivers- ntm the fact that the iPod Touch 2nd Gen has an entirely different architecture.

What I need is the [pass]code to mount the iPod Touch 2nd Gen .dmg files in the unpacked .ispw for the 3.0 beta restore. I've been hunting but cant find them and for some reason xcode has a problem with compiling the PassGen source code out on the web.

If anyone can find them I'll go right ahead and copy the Bluetooth.Framework across and let what may be be- if not, I'm in for a long night

[EDIT- the image file I need the password/code for is 018-4890-6.dmg located in the unpacked .ispw file for the 2nd iPod touch 3.0 beta]
  7. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You won't get it to work just by importing the framework. 3.0 obviously has checks in place that 2.x.x doesn't. Your going to have to replicate a lot to get BT to work.
  8. lawrencelaptop

But if all the files could be found and moved into the correct locations, it is hypothetically possible.
    Also, if this was done once then applescript or such could help replicate the process on a command line level, automated totally and so cut the time needed to do all the work.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

New API's can neither be ported to legacy releases nor can they just be plopped into the folder and work.
  10. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Pretty much what I just said, just in more technical depth.

Just wait 'till 3.0, I'm sure as hell gonna buy it.