Bluetooth not working?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Theomni, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Theomni

Theomni New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, after much searching on Apple's website and finding absolutely nothing, I checked elsewhere to try and figure out why the cheap Bluetooth headset (Motorola H500) I picked up is not working. Apparently, for a bluetooth device to work with the iPod Touch it needs to be a stereo A2DP device? I'm not really sure what that means, is there more information about this? Since there doesn't seem to be any at all on Apple's website. And do iPhones suffer from this same limitation, or is this another iPod Touch only hamstringing, like the lack of Bluetooth activation completely until 3.0 came out? (Edit: I just realized that I could just check with my friend's iPhone. And his picks it up fine even though my iPod Touch won't see it. I really don't understand the reason behind this)

This has made me rather frustrated and unreasonably angry. I probably should have researched it, but I saw a pretty good deal for the headset and just bought it assuming that Bluetooth enabled meant that Bluetooth would be enabled. I don't think I would be this angry if Apple had actually mentioned this somewhere. I can't find anything at all. Apparently, the very idea that a Bluetooth device wouldn't sync never occurred to any of their troubleshooting or help guides.
  2. DanielNTX

DanielNTX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The bluetooth on the touch is only for listening to music on devices with A2DP. Traditional cell phone headsets like the H500 cannot be used, it only has the handset and headset profile which is not found on the touch.
  3. Theomni

Theomni New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not found software or hardware? I can't seem to find an answer to that. Is this just Apple not putting the software in (like how Bluetooth was on the iPod Touch release) or is it an actual hardware problem? Cause I really really wanted to use the mic from a bluetooth headset, but it looks like that's impossible right now.
  4. Migz93

Migz93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Software. Bassicly apple havent "taught" their ipod how to communicate with anything with a headset profile i.e your H500s.
  5. Theomni

Theomni New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's just aggravating. Between the terribleness of iTunes and this sort of nonsense from Apple I don't understand how the iPod Touch managed to be so awesome. What is the reason to provide less functionality? It's maddening.