Bluetooth Not for Nike+ ?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Wizzingwizzer, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizzingwizzer

Wizzingwizzer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=562954

Is there really bluetooth in the iPod touch, disabled until Apple decides to enable it for another $9.95? Some people say no, but there actually is.

There has always been Broadcom BCM4325 Bluetooth chips in iPod touches, but they were never advertised. Take a closer look at these photos, from an Apple employee recently:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yes, as you can see in the top right hand corner of the iPod touch, Bluetooth is enabled on a iPod touch. It was said that Apple will release a new firmware very soon to enable Bluetooth on the iPhone's little cousin. This lucky Apple employee got to try it out on a first-generation iPod touch, and snapped some photos.

Now, it'll be interesting to see how a Bluetooth-enabled touch will affect iPhone sales...
  2. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

well this depends on how the bluetooth is applied. kuz its just like cellphones. almost all of them have bluetooth, but with different uses for it. for example ihad a phone which you kould only use bluetooth to send contacts which was retarded, but then my mom got phone with which you can send songs nd media along with contacts and sh*t like that.

so hopefully this bluetooth can do more than just contacts or wireless syncing or some sh*t like that
  3. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

YAY!!!, I hope we can develop a hack to allow it to swap like a normal phone
  4. Wizzingwizzer

Wizzingwizzer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hope it is for REAL Bluetooth

So have I posted this right?
  5. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

it loooks fine for now, but you should do a bit more research on this because someone on the OT said that those were ipod 1st gen pics. and everyone knows theres no bluetooth chip in the 1st gen ipod touch
  6. Wizzingwizzer

Wizzingwizzer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh - I read somewhere that they said that there was always a chip in it :S
    Must be wrong then

7. EVT

EVT Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    watch it become a pay as you go phone where u activate it on the apple site, then buy a bluetooth headset for it to work...that would be sooooo awesome!
  8. Wizzingwizzer

Wizzingwizzer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wicked

"We did not find the CSR Bluetooth chip that the iPhone has. However, there are several Apple-branded chips that we didn't identify, so we cannot completely rule out the presence of a Bluetooth chip.

Found that on 1g ipod touch - So Might be true
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.