Bluetooth mobile dialing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by klakev, Jun 22, 2009.

1. klakev

klakev New Member

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum; this is my first post.

Do you think it will be possible to connect to a mobile phone via blutooth and dial phone numbers from the contact list on the ipod touch?

Make sense??

Kev
  2. SKINWALKER

SKINWALKER New Member

I tried it with my symbol PDA that has a phone on it and it can connect but there are no services running on the iPod that it can use. I can't even transfer files back and forth. I think the most we'll get is volume up and down with BT headsets.
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. gbosh

gbosh New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Iceberg,

Your topic was 'Bluetooth according to Apple Support'

His search would have been for 'Bluetooth mobile dialing'

The only word from the search he might have made that would have shown your post was 'Bluetooth,' which would have brought up many other posts as well.

You post also said nothing about Apple's support of contact or phonebook transfer. While I understand that it's not one of the services offered in the current version of Apple's Ipod Touch 2g firmware (3.0), your post doesn't clarify the issue for him.

I haven't seen any posts that address his question, but they may be there. Don't be so quick to beat a brother down..... I'm just sayin'

Bo
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The point is you can not connect to any bluetooth devices that do not have a stereo profile, which only allows a2dp commands and stereo audio, that does make this impossible. I would write an entire post about what bluetooth really is what is supported and what isn't but Im waiting on a few things, for instance Im tinkering with the shell to try to get other things working. Hopefully when I finish we can get a sticky post with all the details.

Until then if it's not stereo headphones with a2dp there is no possible way it's going to work for now.
  6. gbosh

gbosh New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    You know this, and I know this, but pointing to a thread that doesn't answer the question and suggesting a member missed an opportunity to 'search' and find an answer to his question is disingenuous.

Hope your work with the shell is productive. We all want more from the IT2G than we got.

Thanks!

Bo