iOS 4.0 Bluetooth Keyboard Support for Second Generation Devices

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NitroBum, Jun 29, 2010.

1. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can't find any way to enable bluetooth keyboard support with my iPod Touch 2g. Most of the firmware restrictions that Apple is placing on older devices are based on supposedly insufficient hardware. Most of this is marketing bullsh*t anyways, but disabling bluetooth keyboard support is taking it too far. The multitasking and wallpaper switches were found early, but I can find nothing at all relating to bluetooth keyboards, and redsn0w doesn't yet flip the switch for you. I have searched and Googled and emailed MuscleNerd and browsed my iPod's file system, but my efforts are null.

Help?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, thanks to an earlier thread that I just found by clayton2, the information for bluetooth keyboard support is likely found in the third generation devices in these locations.

If someone with a Touch 3g or iPhone 3G is willing, could you please copy and paste the entire text of the specified file here, or email the file to me? If you will email it, please send it to bennerm.mail@gmail.com. Thanks.
  2. clayton2

clayton2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who's interested in this!! haha.
  3. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I unfortunately can't help as I have a 3G iPod touch which is not jailbreakable yet.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    But I can tell you that apple is bullsh*ting about some devices not capable for some features. For instance the homescreen background, winterboard could enable that for you and it runs perfectly. But apple say different. I think apple are going to stop supporting all Old devices soon.
  4. clayton2

clayton2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I guess once a jailbreak is out for the 3rd gen iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4 is out I'll kickstart this question again.
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Old Bootrom 3GS is jailbroken and get keyboard support. Find one of them.
  6. Funs

Funs New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    in my ipt3g N18AP.plist is only something encrypted which has to do with voicecontrol.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Really? In my N72AP.plist, the whole thing is clear text (well as clear as you're gonna get with coding). Do you have iTunes set to encrypt your iPod backup? That could be the issue.
  8. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

You can get BTstack Keyboad from cydia and BTstack Mouse for mouse support too. I will upload pics
  9. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks, but I already know about those. The point is, I want to have the native stuff. I have already tried the BTstack keyboard demo and it works great, so I will be purchasing and using the full version if I can't get the native support to work.
  10. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok. BTstack keyboard is not to much of a bother versus native because to connect a keyboard natively you have to:
    1. Open Settings
    2. General
    3. Bluetooth
    4. Pair

BTstack Keyboard:
    1. Open BTstack
    2. Pair

Also if you SBSettings you can turn bluetooth on or off when ever