Bluetooth Headset with iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kamii, Sep 2, 2009.

1. kamii

kamii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and my iPod Touch 2G. I have recently bought a Nokia Headset BH-101 specially to connect it to my iPod to listen music wirelessly and to make some calls on Skype.

But unfortunately, when I tried to connect it, iPod did not search it while other Nokia Mobile phones work fine with the bluetooth headset.

Please me very quickly!!!

Is there a way to fix this using Sweettooth???

Thanks.!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    somebody please reply!! can't wait for your answers

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you running 3.0 firmware?
    Also, make sure that the headphones are on and running search mode when you try searching for them with your 2G.

Consult the headphones manual.
    It's not a problem with the iPod, its your headphones.

If you ask the same question in the Accesories section, I'm sure you will get a lot more "helpful" responses.
  3. kamii

kamii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I am running firmware 3.0.

My bluetooth headsets are running in search mode. Nothing is wrong with the headphones. I completely understand how to operate them. I have connected them with my Nokia Cellphone, laptop, and also with my PC several times. So headphone is working perfectly fine.

Some problem is with iPod which is not showing any bluetooth devices at all.

Thanks
  4. timekeeper

timekeeper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If they are mono headsets (One ear), they will not work with the 2G. It uses a different headset/handsfree Bluetooth profile meant for phone calls. The one that the 2G supports is called A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), and are usually found on Bluetooth headsets that use left and right earbuds such as the Jabra BT320s, which supports high quality sound.
  5. kamii

kamii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

ah! I got it. Thanks.

Another question:

I have connected a wired headset with microphone to my iPod Touch 2G. It is recording sound perfectly and playing it through the headset. What I want is that it keeps on recording the sound from the headset but plays the sound from the iPod Touch's 2G loudspeaker no matter what sound I play(let it be Music, Skype, or Another app). Is there a way for doing so??
  6. timekeeper

timekeeper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, just off the top of my head, you could try recording using voice memo, and then using backgrounder to send it to the background but keep recording while playing music or whatever using the other apps.
  7. kamii

kamii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oops! It really went off the top of your head

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am asking if there is a way to keep playing sound from iPod Touch's(2G) loudspeaker even when the headset is plugged in?
  8. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No I don't think so because as soon as you plug in anything to the headphone jack the internal speaker is disabled.