Bluetooth Headset with iPod Touch 2G for calls

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Ravenatic, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Ravenatic

Ravenatic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Would it work?

e.g. Use Skype or something for the call and the headset mic will work too?
  2. shey

shey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, VOIP should work for ipod touch and I would think that we could use a bluetooth headset, as there is a voice memo application so there has to be some way to use a microphone. I tried to pair my PS3 bluetooth headset, but my ipod doesn't notice it for some reason. I also tried to plug in a normal microphone into the headphone jack and prayed but that didnt work either. Long story short, theoretically yes! but in real life it might take a little bit of work.
  3. SolApathy

SolApathy Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    do a search on bluetooth in this forum. The short answer right now is no. Apple crippled the BT capability.
  4. satori3000

satori3000 New Member

the firmware update has opened up BT, but I still can't enable a headset. I'm guessing it's only useful for a regular pair of bluetooth headphones.
  5. thebadguy

thebadguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am also in need of using skype with my touch. There are a number of Bluetooth headsets which have mic. Has any one confirmed any headset is working or not.
  6. SolApathy

SolApathy Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was referring to limiting BT to basic headsets w/o any rew/ff features or mic support.
  7. thejester

thejester New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right now with bluetooth, you can only use Bluetooth headphones/speakers. You may be able to pair with a headset, but only to listen to sound with the speaker, not use the mic.
  8. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought a cheap pair of wired headphones with a mic from ebay for under $5. I installed skype and paid for a 1 month unlimited call to U.S. and Mexico plan from them for $2.95. Except for the fact the headphones are cheap it works pretty well. I tested it last night at a restarunt that has a hot spot. I called up a friend and she was able to hear me just fine and we talked for about 10 minutes. Pretty cool.
  9. HopOnRocks

HopOnRocks New Member

How did you manage to get the mic to work on the ipod touch 2g though? I didn't think that was possible.
    I really wanna do this to mine because using skype could really come in handy sometimes. I currently do not have a phone and I carry around my ipod everywhere.
  10. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The ipod touch 2g is capable of using a mic. Why else do you think they put in the voice memo in the 3.0 firmware? They wouldn't have done that if it wasn't capable. But do yourself a favor a spend the money on a good quality one and not a cheap one like me.