Bluetooth Headphones Samsung SBH-500 skipping

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by ensifer, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ensifer

ensifer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently got the Samsung SBH-500 and it works fine a majority of the time. However, there are also times that the sound stops or skips. I'm not sure if it's the ipod, since it doesn't seem to pause or stop at the song, it merely resumes after the time it was silent. I never had this problem with wired headphones. It seems more like the bluetooth signal is being interrupted or something. It also seems to happen more in particular areas more than others, for reasons I don't really know why. Does anyone know why this happens or any way I can prevent the skipping from occurring?

Also, would bluetooth have problems going through clothing, or reduced functionality in cold/snowy weather, in wifi heavy areas, or if the itouch memory was low? Thanks.
  2. brokenkei

brokenkei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, might be interference. Sometimes when I put my iPod in my jeans pocket it will occasionally skip. Also, it can depend on where the bluetooth transmitter is situated in the headphones - if for example, they were found in the right ear piece (like my Sony DRBT21G's), and you put the iPod into a pocket on your left side, you can get interruptions.

To be honest, bluetooth headphones are sometimes more hassle than they're worth; battery problems, interuptions...I've switched back to wired.