Bluetooth GPS Receiver

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thedj, Dec 7, 2009.

1. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Is there anyway to connect the bluetooth GPS Receiver to the ipod touch and use it as a GPS?, I was wondering if this can be done before I buy the gps receiver.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGfin40t3w&feature=channel

and wow, its a proper GPS, and talks and everything, but I read somewhere that the iphone uses 3G signals so it wont show the road the whole way, but for this new thing will it show the road the whole way?
  2. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

That is a good choice. There also another GPS about to be set to buy its from Dual Electronics. And only 179.9 And app is free.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ninetoes

ninetoes New Member

hi here is what works the best for me. I have a 2g ipod touch firmware 3.1.1 and a holux gps slim240 bluetooth gps reciever which you can find on ebay.You need to have your ipod jailbroken,
    then you need to get (roqybt) app from cydia you will need to buy the licence for it and it is worth the money. You also will need one of the gps apps from cydia or itunes . The one I use is navigon or tomtom. . Once you have all that you go into settings turn bluetooth off and location services on. Then you turn on your gps and run the roqybt app and it will find your gps then just exit that it will run in the back ground.After that run your gps app and you should be ready to go.

Some times if you get to your destination and you turn your ipod off and back on and go to a different destination you need to disconnect from the gps and reconnect it.

hope that helps
    ninetoes
  4. MrEcted

MrEcted New Member

I am awaiting the delivery of a 3g Touch that I purchased on eBay, and was wondering this. I have a Holux and another bluetooth gps, but do I need to jailbreak? Hadn't made that decision yet as to whether I would or not.

Any info is appreciated TIA,
  5. Bar79

Bar79 New Member

bluetooth gps receiver ipod touch 4g

i have an ipod touch 4g, jailbroken on 4.2.1. Which gps receiver is compatible and not too expensive?
  6. Jorith

Jorith Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just watch out that with 4.2.1 and GP jailbreak bleutooth seems to be gone...
  7. Touched

Touched New Member

I use BTStack GPS from Cydia and it works like a charm. 0 problems. Cheaper than Roqy (5vs8 as far as i recall).

@ The one asking if he'll need to jailbreak, the answer is yes.
  8. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    my blutooth works just fine