Bluetooth GPS Being Develped RoqyGPS (not by me)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djsukh, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Will you use RoqyGPS for your navigation needs ?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, got an iPhone 3G or 3Gs

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. djsukh

djsukh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hello all,

currently there is a application being developed called "RoqyGPS", as you may have already guessed its for GPS connectivity.
    this isn't being developed by me though and you can request a beta from the developers site which is http://www.roqy-bluetooth.net/
    here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LBUyXdNqE

also it should be released this month sometime!
    here is the current progress from his site:

What is it ?

An application to connect external bluetooth GPS antenna to your iPod Touch/iPhone

It's working (Really!) on iPod Touch 2G with OS 3.0 and iPhone 3G/3GS with OS 2.x/3.0

The demo is working with ipod touch 2G and iphone 3G/S with Holux devices and others. Iphone 1st gen seems not to work correctly for the moment. I'm on it! Remember the beta does NOT inject YET GPS data in the iphone OS. External app are not working with it for the moment. It's for the public release!

News:
    2009-08-21: One week break, no computer, no internet, paragliding! See you!
    2009-08-20: Good news! 3GS is working perfectly, thanks to Gerard for tests!
    2009-08-20: Sh..t, iphone 2G is still a mystery, chip is resetting in the middle of data transfert... where's the bug?! Does anybody has the CSR core4-ROM datasheet ?
    2009-08-20: Bad news guys. gpsserial team does not want to integrate my driver for business reasons... I'll need more time to get how inject GPS data in the OS. But this project becomes strong than ever thanks to you all !

Please Register or Log in to view images

2009-08-19: I found what was wrong with 3GS. Wait for beta testers words!
    2009-08-17: I bet on ebay to get an iPhone 2G and debug it! Thks to donators!
    2009-08-17: New beta available, full support of GPS data to navigate (speed, course, fix etc.)
    2009-08-13: debug session with Gerard and Salvador (thanks to them!) to debug iPhone 1st... no luck If somebody can lend one to me for 1 or 2 weeks, it can be useful! I added course, speed and other info from GPS to graphical interface!
    2009-08-12: add from a french website iphon.fr !
    2009-08-11: roqyBT video demo is online! Bad quality, but showing it working with my Holux device!
    You can guess now where I live!
    2009-08-10: roqyBT is born, beta tests are ongoing! Beta testers, contact me!
    2009-08-08: roqyBT, the graphical interface is working, Beta test next week ! Wait ...
    2009-08-01: roqyBluetooth is now fully working, graphical interface is ongoing!
    2009-07-28: Proof of concept on youtube.
    iPod Touch 2G (OS 3.0) connected to Holux GPSlim 236

credit goes to the creator of RoqyGPS. i am not involved in developing this app or connected to the developer in any way. but he does need donations to keep him going.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i cant wait for it to be released and actually work with a navigation app from the appstore
  2. Thirteen-Ten

Thirteen-Ten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, ive been following his progress over the past couple of weeks. Im hoping he gets the LAN one figured out and if im guessing right, he is talking about a DUN bluetooth connection with a cell phone. Would be awesome.
  3. djsukh

djsukh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes that would be awesome, but gps is awesome too. i just got the beta from him and waiting for the licence