Bluetooth file transfer on 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by pogoyoyo, Jun 20, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I haven't noticed anything different about the bluetooth myself, but wasn't apple supposed to unlock bluetooth? If so, shouldn't it be possible to create an app that lets you send music from your library and receive music TO your library ( instead of a random folder on the device ) ?
  2. lilnis321

lilnis321 New Member

They can but they will not allow file transfer. It's a little thing called profit.. if they let them send apps they won't make any money..
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

someone is working on a way to unlock file transfer via bluetooth. it should end up similar to ssh.
  4. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Both of you missed the point of my post.. I'm asking whether someone will make an easy way of music transfer via bluetooth, not ssh. And of course apple won't allow Bluetooth because they need a reason for users buy their new iPhone next year that will probably have that feature... Apple is such a terrible company when it comes to mobile devices, your paying top dollar for sh*t all... A fancy phone with sh*tty features
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Because of Apple and their "fancy phone with sh*tty features" you have Android and Palm Pre. If you think it's that sh*tty, sell it and move on to the others mentioned. People are so godamned unappreciative. Always expecting this and that. Always think they're entitled to things that don't belong to them or that they should have it because SOME other devices have it.
  6. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My friends phone that he bought from a gas station for 100$, pay as you go, has bluetooth file transfer...
    My 500$ iphone doesn't.
    Do you see whats wrong there?
  7. lmm112190

lmm112190 New Member

i agree with both sides here apple charges for everything! things other offer for free apple charges. take for instance maybe lets say a software update that makes their existing device better instead of rewarding the people that have their device with an upgrade apple charges for it. not one other device i have heard of requires the user to pay for a software or firmware update. this includes all new ipod 2gs that you would buy from apple there still only shipping with 2.2.1 that way you still have to buy the update.
  8. Ltn.R_Ripley

Ltn.R_Ripley New Member

ARE U 4 REAL,DUDE????? Yepp,I guess u are,u and,-Hitman. Lookie,I´ve seen roughly 4-5comments made by u guys,and WHOA!!

people are SO damn UNappreciative?? Is THAT what u think? Lookie,snuffie...I bought the iBluon A2DP adapter for my 1G Touch Pod,still have it with the AVPR stack in it too,enabling FFW\RW,PLAY\PAUSE\Volume UP\DOWN...

And the 18th of march,Apple announced A2DP enabling bluetooth music streaming for the 2G touchpod,WOW I thought. Cool,I bought the 16GB TouchPod and waited for the 3.0 wich supposedly free´d the A2DP protocol in the ALREADY(dont even get me started on morally corrupt company there) built in bluetooth chip next to the wifi one. Now I´m sitting with two Stereo A2DP Philps\Jabra Headsets,and NONE of them work with Apples promised A2DP bluetooth,isnt that a little,whats the word? Blueish,eh? And yes,I know my gadgets,and I´ve tried all possible solutions,and NOTHING works.

So,thats easy u think,just go back using the iBluon adapter at the gym,enabling wirefree running.NO,thats also not possible,u know why? Cause the firewire pins removed from the second gen pod,is causing the ibluon to get detected with this lovely message(wich the 1st gen DO NOT give):

U are trying to use a NON apple approved devise with your pod,and that we wont have.

10euro - 3.0
    200euro - 2G IPodTouch
    35euro - IBluon A2DP adapter

Do the math, fanboy....SO MUCH do I feel the overwhelming appreciation u´r refering to!! Right? Dont u agree?

And so u know- Google bluetooth problems regarding the 3.0 OS,and u´ll find a lot of NON happy campers just like me,campers,who I´m SURE-have put down a hell of a lot more dough on the company u want us to love,on the border of selfdestruction. So,the more marketshare Apple claim on over other brands,the higher teir own cutommade piedestal grows,and u´r just sitting there,gawking-in awe-NOT questioning a single thing they´re dashing out!

So,u know,I have Minibook,an IPhone 2G 8GB,an IPodTouch 2G 16GB and 1st gen 8GB...I´m not an Apple hater,JUST their way of conducting business lately! So afraid that their products will sync with any other brands products,SO afraid that they are crippling their own devices,just so they wont loose that OH SO important penny\cent\öre..whatever...!

So,this just had 2 be said!

Final_I still dont have a working A2DP protocol in my pod,kinda hard to appreciate someone lying to ya,EVEN though u´r dashing out your hardearned money...But I guess thats how u roll,giving to charity,oops sorry,Apple I meant!
  9. sixsigma

sixsigma New Member

I don’t think that's good to flame them either.
    The world is not black or white; there actually happy costumers just as there are other ones with "bad luck" like you.

Personally, I've already updated my Ipod touch, already made the Jailbreak and currently everything is working OK. My Bluetooth headphones are working correctly; mi phone and my computer are able to locate and pair with my iPod (even though it's useless).
    The only problem I have is with certain unofficial applications and one or two official applications, but ITunes is constantly detecting new updates for the official ones.

That’s what I think.
    Bummer that you are having a bad time, but don’t generalize.
  10. Stupiditility

Stupiditility New Member

in answer to your first question, well not really an answer, but- that would be a great idea!
    and secondly, i totally agree with your comment about $100 phone has bluetooth file transfer, and $500 iphone doesnt.
    hes not unappreciative, he, like many others, is just pissed off that apple makes you pay ridiculous amounts of money for a device that doesnt have a feature that comes standard on most phones today.
    not owning an iphone i dont think its my place to comment, but, iphone isnt really anything special. just because it has unmatched interface and near perfect touch screen and has an apple logo on it, doesnt make it better than every other phone on the market. people have the right to belive they are entitled to features apple hasn't released. like i said, $100 pay as you go phone has bluetooth file transfer, while $500 iphone. youre paying an extra $400, and you dont even have an industry standard feature of bluetooth file transfer?!