Bluetooth earphones question

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by arikado, Jun 19, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lets say you were to buy a bluetooth earphones/earbuds that requires using an adapter.. say the JayBird
    http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluetooth-stereo-headphones-gallery.php
    you can see that it has an adapter included.

and say you enabled Bluetooth on your iphone/ipod touch (3.0 firmware of course). Is this adapter REQUIRED? Or can you just use your jaybird earbuds and connect it with your iphone/ipod without attaching anything (the adapter) to them?

If this isn't possible, what bluetooth earbuds (yes i only want earbuds/small earphones) would you recommend (that doesnt require attaching anything to the iphone/ipod)? Im willing to pay up to $60

thanks~
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The answer to the first question is on the website:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The controls clearly run the iPhone switching controls.

Their website has "live chat" for questions. It doesn't hurt to ask. These inquiries help drive the marketplace.

Interpretation: inquiries to "vendors" tell Apple we want these features, because "vendors" give "feedback" to Apple when the customer does not purchase or returns merchandise.

I think the answer, however, is that Touch 2G 3.0 Bluetooth does not send and receive "files" and I think that means no Bluetooth VoIP until we have send and receive "files" for Touch.

Jaybirdgear is $129.99 and up.

Best Buy has Sony Ericsson IS800 Stereo Bluetooth Earbuds $199.99 and Motorola S9HD behind the head "earbuds" $99, but their Samsung SBH-500 $69.99 is closer to $60.

The Samsung SBH-500 is a behind the head small "earmuffs" Bluetooth stereo headset.
  3. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have owned the Jaybird 200's since October.

They work great with my iPod Touch 2G and Motorola Razr. Both pair simultaneously. I can listen to music. When a call comes in, the headset pauses the music and switches to the call automatically. It also switches back to the music after the call has ended. I do not have to push a single button.

Using the Jaybird adapater, all the controls work, including the forward track and reverse track buttons.

Using the new iPod bluetooth capability with 3.0, I no longer need the dongle, but the forward and reverse track buttons don't work.

I also get better range with the Jaybird dongle. I'm not sure about the power drain with the built in vs dongle, yet.

The mic is not available for memo recording using the dongle or the built in bluetooth.

HTH,
    Diana
  4. Crigger540

Crigger540 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    jaybird's

Target had those on sale for $99, but every review I read said the audio was poor, what do you think of the audio quality? (I heard they lacked bass)

5. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Bluetooth in general lacks audio quality
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I own Creative's EP630's, Sennheiser CX500's, and some cheap Auvio's from Radio Shack (for sleeping with White Noise).

The Jaybirds, I find, have surprisingly good quality audio - IF you adjust them in your ear properly. If they are not at a good angle in your ear canal, they can sound tinny.

I have enjoyed their wireless sound immensely.
  7. beatmac

beatmac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The thing is, The Jaybirds are the best sounding wireless bluetooth headphones out there. People just dont fit them properly so they just assume the headphones suck. When used correctly, these headphones out-perform many wired headphones out there.
  8. Goldenadder

Goldenadder New Member

I have a pair of the Jaybirds and they are great, the sound quality is really nice too, but I prefer the Sennheiser MM 200's. They have better environmental isolation, plus deeper and louder low end bass push for those who love their drum n bass.
  9. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was a bit disappointed about the Jaybirds' lack of noise isolation, until someone pointed out that they are designed for exercising, including jogging, and it may be safer to be able to hear noises, like a car honking, etc.

D