Bluetooth delay?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jasonrn2000, Jul 4, 2009.

1. jasonrn2000

jasonrn2000 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I just got my Motorola S9HD, and so far they sound great, but I noticed an audio lag when watching movies. This lag is significant enough to be disturbing when watching a movie. Are all bluetooth headsets going to have this delay, or are some better than others in terms of audio delay?

Jason
  2. sonomagtln2

sonomagtln2 New Member

I also experience a lag with my headset...Samsung SBH-500. My headset is one of those that can be used for hands free cell conversations as well, so what I do is pause the movie with the play/pause button on the headset, then hit the call button which temporarily disconnects me from the iPod...then after I have the connection back (made automatically by the headset and known by the tone my headset plays) then I hit the play button and it's synchronized. So far this has worked OK, but every time I turn off the iPod I have to re-synch again. One of the funny things is that the play/pause button on my headset can control in real-time, while the audio still lags...I don't think it's inherent in the BT connection itself, maybe a memory buffer is lagging on the iPod.
  3. jasonrn2000

jasonrn2000 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My wife has a pair of jaybird bt-200, I'll have to see how the lag is with those. If it is an iPod problem, I hope they fix it.
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    On my moto s9, I dont get any lag, I used to with the 3.0 betas but with the final version I dont...

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe the signal is poor quality with you, I hold the devices right next to each other when I hook them up, and there is no lag.
  5. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i only experienced the lag once. basically everything i hear and do with the headset has a delay of about 1-2 seconds, but it was just once.
  6. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I experienced lag (about four seconds..) when the battery was running low on my iPod, I recharged both my Bluetooth headphones and my iPod and the lag was gone..
  7. jasonrn2000

jasonrn2000 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have tried several occasions, with full batteries on both units, getting a delay everytime. I was assuming it was a bluetooth issue and would have to deal with it. Tomorrow I will try the jaybirds and see what happens.