Bluetooth Connects - No Audio

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by skaorsk8, Jun 19, 2009.

1. skaorsk8

skaorsk8 New Member

I have an iPod Touch 2G. Love it. Bought a Sony iPod bluetooth adapter (dock connector), got a pair of Philips Bluetooth (SBH7102) headphones and have been using this combination for about a year, particularly at the gym. Works great, I can skip tracks using my headset, etc. I was always scared of losing the adapter, as I lost it a few times in the bottom of my gym bag.

So, I did the OS 3.0 update. And ... nothing but problems. My Bluetooth headphones pair and connect with my iPod fine - but no sound comes out. So infuriating. I have repaired multiple times, the iPod shows they’re connected, but no sound. I have the blue icon at the top right corner, but when playing music, the bluetooth icon does NOT appear at the bottom right corner (where it should, according to pictures I've seen online).

Ah, I thought - a glitch. I’ll just go back to using my adapter. Except somehow, now, using the adapter with the 3.0 update no longer allows me to move forward or back on tracks, using the headphones. That’s ridiculous! I’ve paid $10 and LOST functionality!

I’m open to suggestions, from anyone. Thanks for listening (haha).

Posted by skaorsk8 on June 19, 2009 at 6:41 AM (PDT)
  2. kawaiitora

kawaiitora New Member

I'm not sure it's apple's fault here. The headphones are made specifically for the ipod before 3.0 right? They made a special dock that probably uses its own protocols... you may be stuck using the adapter unless you get new headphones...
  3. skaorsk8

skaorsk8 New Member

No, the Philips headphones were NOT made for just the iPod. The Sony Bluetooth iPod Adapter is just for iPod (obviously, since it uses the dock connector). Again, the headphones connect and pair successfully, just no music comes out.

I'm open to suggestions. Does anyone think a restore might help? Do I have any other options?
  4. kawaiitora

kawaiitora New Member

Whoops... silly me for skimming... uhm. Hmm that IS an interesting issue. You should definately try restoring, also recommended is not using a backup, so restore it as a new ipod. If that doesn't help, go to a mac store and visit your local genius, they might have more insight.