Bluetooth + Audio-In + Wireless Headphone Modifications = Drool?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by bohsocks, Nov 28, 2007.

1. bohsocks

bohsocks New Member

This is such a pipe dream.... but why not?

I'm getting an iPod Touch this Christmas (I have some inside information)

From what I've read.... there may or there may not be Bluetooth on the iPod Touch. (I am saying this not to incite a riot/argument on this thread, I'm just saying right now it's inconclusive -- it may have it, it may have it and it isn't enabled, or it isn't there at all)

If they could ever get it to work, or it gets enabled or activated.... that would open the door for a set of bluetooth headphones for the Touch. Okay, awesome.

And someone apparently messed with a dock and the audio-in pins and got them to work. Okay, awesome.

And getting audio-in to work through the headphone jack is still in the works -- because it's been disabled, either by messing with the jack itself or through firmware.

Whether or not we can get audio-in to work through the jack... if the bluetooth problem gets fixed first..... that would be interesting....

Becaaaaaaaauseee.......

If messing with a dock got audio-in to work.... wouldn't that open the door for bluetooth... which would allow bluetooth headphones to work also getting bluetooth headSETS to work? If we had some sort of homebrew headphone/headset hybrid to work... we could move on to the Skype/Fring/Vonage aspect of the VoIP possibilities.... right?

I know I probably sound incompetent.... but I don't know much about this... whether it be the technical end of stuff like this or just the iPod Touch itself.

Please respond!
  2. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sound amaaaazing. You're right - Drool

Please Register or Log in to view images

The difference between touch and iPhone is getting smallller

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. taz

taz New Member

This subject has kind of been beaten to death. Search next time.

By the way, no one is sure either way. but it would be cool
  4. bohsocks

bohsocks New Member

I was referring to the possiblities when combining all of the different aspects of bluetooth headphones/sets and audio-in along with internet VoIP phone, not each of them individually. Read next time.

That being said, I did search... more than once, and found nothing like what I wrote -- yes plenty of threads talking about each thing seperately... therefore, not what I was talking about.... but thanks.
  5. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2 words:

KEEP DREAMIN
    --or--
    WAKE UP
    or, one word
    IPHONE
  6. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm pretty sure they've opened up an iPod and not found bluetooth, sorry.
  7. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, they have been opend, and closed, and opened again, with still no blutooth

why would apple even put bluetooth in it???

PS: visit this site, for external bluetooth HERE
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

There is no built-in bluetooth. And search. Please. Thank you.
  9. specialbuddy

specialbuddy New Member

well I don't care if you didn't search. I don't know why people become pricks if you start a thread that could have been done before. I'm waiting for a adapter to come out that plugs into the data port. Its only a matter of time until one comes out and someone makes a programthat will allow headsets to work with it. I don't think the touch has bt but it is built in to wifi sometimes based on what I have read here. I just cant see apple doing something like that because it could hurt iPhone sales.
  10. taz

taz New Member

sorry, my bad