BlueTooth APP Running and Image

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dietztho000, Mar 2, 2008.

1. dietztho000

dietztho000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK is there a way, on iPod, to have BT running all the time? So that little image is on the top??

Also where can i get this image for the BT image?
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/BrettF92/foo_5.png

BTW, Sorry if this is ur ipod, and thanks but dont remember name of creator, Just using as example
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Here's the source code for the Bluetooth toy I created: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13483

All it does it puts the icon in the corner of the screen, using icons that already exist on the device. The line that actually does it is
    Code:
    [UIApp addStatusBarImageNamed: @"BluetoothActive" removeOnAbnormalExit: NO];
    Of course, there are a lot of other StatusBar related stuff there too.

Just one note, if you want the inactive icon, just replace @"BluetoothActive" with @"Bluetooth" (I believe, I'll have to double check). That line finds the images named "Default_BluetoothActive.png" and "FSO_BluetoothActive.png," and I'm sure you can extend that naming convention.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: if you want to see the app in action, download it form Installer if you have the TouchRepo added to your sources (link in my sig). It's called "Bluetooth" and is located in toys.

EDIT AGAIN: That image in the picture you linked is the icon for MobileScrobbler, not Bluetooth.
  3. TakeAimAtSin

TakeAimAtSin Member

Hey Sklay, how do you make the icon stay on the status bar? Every time I start my iPod again, the icon is gone.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It's on my todo list.
  5. lacxman7

lacxman7 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried to change the bluetooth images with two of my own and only the black one shows when I open an app. The white one on the homescreen does not show at all.

Any ideas why?