Bluetooth Adapter!?!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by pagreenway, Dec 13, 2007.

?

Is this possible?

1. YES

72 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Maybe

56 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. NO

20 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Of course y didnt i think of that.

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. pagreenway

pagreenway New Member

Hi i was just wondering that since there was such an uproar about the touch not having bluetooth y hasnt anyone made a app that allows you to attach a bluetooth adapter to it. Such as the jabra and motorola ones. If these hackers and designers can hack it and create all of these different apps then y havent they done this yet. Just write a program that allows you to use the adapter and search for bluetooth devices such as my cell phone then i would be able to use the internet on my touch through my phone if im not around WiFi.

SURELY THIS IS POSSIBLE RIGHT???
    just find it hard to beleive that i am the only one that has thought a bout this?

PATRICK
  2. F0N3Y

F0N3Y New Member

Do you realize everytime someone makes a thread about this you answer the same thing with no proof. So please link the guy with some articles and then post. You,him and I don't know if they will have bluetooth. The Ipod Touch has been out for how long? Um 3-4 months?

-F0N3Y
  3. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Lol sorry, i guess im a little mad about the spammer that was here, kinda got distracted

Ill try and find some articles
  4. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

he realizes that the ipod does not have built in bluetooth, what he means is a bluetooth dongle for the dock adapter.
  5. bluedue

bluedue New Member

An alternative would be to create a widget which acts as a bridge between wifi and bluetooth turning your cell phone into a wireless access point.
  6. kyungjin

kyungjin New Member

So if I'm understanding this correctly... you would need an iPod Touch, a bluetooth device and a phone that is both bluetooth and wifi compatible?

Also note that you would still need a wireless router or switch that will supply the wifi signals. I haven't seen an iPod Touch or a phone that does adhoc. It's a good idea, but it would be really limiting to have your device work right in front of the router.

The highest probability of a bluetooth for your iPod option would be to wait for a company to create a bluetooth adaptor that would plug into our iPod. In other words, I say that something like this has a very small chance of happening as of now... Especially before the SDK is out. But who knows? Apple's philosophy is all about suprises. Maybe there will be some justice to the iPod Touch in the near future.
  7. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd say something about this, but I'm waiting for the headache from reading that youngsters post to subside. Pay more attention in school 'y' don't you?
  8. cantor

cantor New Member

you are wrong. The touch can use adhoc wifi I am using one right now. I just do manual ip config and works fine.
  9. corsican

corsican New Member

bluetooth adapter

Currently there are a few bluetooth adapters that will transmit sound to headsets.For example: Jabra, Motorola, and Jaybirdgear. All of the mentioned work with ipod touch(some even say so on their webpages). Now, none that I know provide special bluetooth fuctionality ie microphone (in-line) or data transmission.
  10. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm sorry but that phone bluetooth idea is NOT going to work at all... Bluetooth is a protocol (rather a set of protocols for different devices), simply routing them over wifi will not work because there are many data formats - from streaming audio (stereo headsets) all the way down to basic RS-232 (Bluetooth Serial Port)