Bluetooth adapter for peer to peer gaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simon thumper, Nov 4, 2009.

1. simon thumper

simon thumper New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi, im new here

Please Register or Log in to view images

However have been browsing the site as a non-member for a while now

I have a question for all you fanatics. I know that the new 3.0 (and above firmwares) enable bluetooth peer to peer gaming on the second and third gen ipod touch....

However i still have a first gen, and i'm wishing i had enough money too buy a new 3rd gen.

I have done loads of research into ipod touch bluetooth adapters, but the only uses i have heard about are file transfer. I want too know if anyone out there knows of an ipod touch bluetooth adapter that could allow peer to peer gaming on my first gen

Thank's very much

2. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I believe that is impossible as Bluetooth adapters are not natively supported by apple and while there is a hope since apple allowed custom APIs for bluetooth and dock connector preferrals, the chances of using such devices beyond audio capabilities is very very slim. (Except for specialty devices like that blood pressure checker that synced with iPhone)

Even file transfer apps cannot support hundreds of different bluetooth adapters without the support from the makers of such devices and will have a hard time creating APIs for them.

Also as far as I know, all the commercial iPod dock connecting bleutooth capters only support the audio streaming capabilities.

I do not wish to deny the possibility entirely but in my opinion, I don't see that happening ever, Let's face it, Apple practically considers the 1st gen out of the picture, they are only supporting it with newer firmware because they sold so much.

I wonder when 1st gen and 2nd gen will bite the dust and the support is practially dropped (Due to such major differences in the hardware of 3rd gen and 3GS)