"Blue Mango Twist" - action/tycoon game

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by rich1million, Mar 26, 2009.

1. rich1million

rich1million Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    "Blue Mango Twist" - action / tycoon / management game

Hi,

We have released new game called "Blue Mango Twist", an action / tycoon / management game based on making and selling fruit juice.

iTunes
    iTunes link.

Preview Video
    Click here for preview video... On our YouTube Channel

Please Register or Log in to view images

Real-time Action
    The action comes in the form of sorting and squeezing fruit, and dispensing and serving fruit juice, all on one screen, at the same time, within a time limit!

There are many other factors which need to be considered too, which boil down to customer satisfaction; you need to serve proper sized units (not too much, not too little) of the correct juice, in a timely manner otherwise customer dissatisfaction will drive you out of business. Much harder than it sounds, believe me!

Tycoon / Strategy aspect
    The tycoon aspect come from making sure that your stall is stocked with enough supplies to enable you to last the day but not too many, so that you always maximize your profits.

Also, in order to progress in the game, you need to use the profits to upgrade your stall, to a store and then build more stores. Buying upgrades in a certain order may result in a different outcome than if you'd upgraded in another order, so you need to think carefully about strategy. For example, upgrades include many items that make your machinery more efficient and items which can increase the patience of customers waiting in line--which should you buy sooner?

In addition, there are other business decisions you'll need to consider based on advice received, daily news reports, random events and conversations with strange characters.

Mini-game
    There is also a mini-game where you have to deliver juice to other stores at ever increasing numbers and distances. This starts out easy and gets incredibly challenging. It's a lot of fun though!

Finish the game once and you'll unlock the "Challenge Mode" in which you will be thrust straight into the full onslaught of the game to see how long you can last! Challenge mode will feature on-line leader boards.

Story Line
    Pulling all of this together is the story of Nancy and co. and her adventures as she challenges the aggressive tactics of the local fruit-juice monopoly.

Overall
    There is a lot going for this game,as it is much more challenging and deeper than most mobile games of it's genre. What makes this game extra special, however, is the combination of strategy and real-time frantic button bashing as you try to keep on top of the ever increasing popularity of your fruit-juice. It's fun to be played for a few short minutes at a time, or all afternoon.

Thanks for listening

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow, this reminds me of Diner Dash coupled with some Lemonade tycoon. I'm going to have to go out for an iTunes card run today for this. Unless you're generous enough to hand out a promo code? Haha, kidding.

3. rich1million

rich1million Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, we gave out our promo-codes at another forum

, sorry. I wasn't aware of this forum until someone recommended it today.

When our next game comes out (Maybe Dragon Sword...), I'll post some here too, if it's allowed

4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you guys use the Twitter? If so, who do I follow?
  5. rich1million

rich1million Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No Twitter for us, we're old fashioned

Anyhoo, we'll find you...I'll PM you. Won't be for months yet anyway.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're feeling particularly generous you could also PM myself, Kiks52 or one of the other mods here with some codes that we can then offer out as part of a regular raffle made to our members (c.f. Fantastic Friday).
  7. rich1million

rich1million Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, we'll certainly come here for our next release.

Seems very active here. If I get any spare codes for Blue Mango Twist, I'll offer them too.
  8. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I am buying this game!!!! Been waiting for something like this for long. But before that I need to head to apple store to get a gift card

9. Arithon

Arithon New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    God... i suck at the juicing competition... i'm soooo sloooooooow :/
  10. Loose

Loose New Member

Bought this app just a little while ago, and I absolutely love it! The app is very fun, it makes you multitask(for the most part) and it has beautiful graphics and decent music