Blue Glow on Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aidan92, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Aidan92

Aidan92 New Member

A few days ago I was playing dodgeball in school. I fell down when dodging a ball and dented the back of the iPod touch. I've also noticed, which is the thing I'm angry about, a blue glow on the opposite side of where the dent occured. It's like something that appears when you put a magnet to a computer screen.

I brought the iPod back to the store, said they couldnt replace it because it had an accident damage.

I was wondering if there was any way to have the blue dot on the screen fixed or there was a way to remove the dent so I could complain about a defect and not have that sign of an accident.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Is it a glow, or a dead pixel? I'm not clear.
  3. Aidan92

Aidan92 New Member

They aren't dead pixels. It's somewhat hard to explain, I don't think I can take a picture of it.

It's like all the pixels in the area have a blue tint to them.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds like a bit of the backlight is showing through...

Why were you playing dodgeball with your iPod in your pocket?
  5. spaided

spaided New Member

that sucks!!! I would cry
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i know exactly what you're talking about. the problem is that when you dented the back of it, you pushed one of the internal components up against the back of the screen, which is making it do that. ever pressed gently on a LCD screen before? and let me guess, it just looks like a discolored circle?
  7. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I'm afraid it will be difficult to fix unless you can possibly shake it or hit it against the palm of your hand or something soft to try to get the internal component to move back away from the screen. As 1337chaos said, it is something pressed up against the back, which is creating pressure. If you have a calculator, the same effect can be produced by pushing your finger against the screen causing discoloration that is sometimes rainbowlike.
  8. Aidan92

Aidan92 New Member

Yeah, that's what I assumed happened.

I took it out right after I realized it was still in my pocket, obviously too late. Yeah, discolored circle is what it looks like. I guess I'm just screwed. It's really made me very upset (okay maybe a little more than upset). A $400 device is now screwed up =(

Does anyone have any idea of a possible way to fix this? Could I open it up and press the dent back in or something?
  9. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its dangerous,but I've seen websites telling u how to take ur touch apart. If ur careful u might be able to get Things straight inside again. Good luck.