Blue computer screen D:

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Bl1tzkrieg, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So yesterday my brother and his friend were on my computer after I left for the day, and when I got home I noticed that the computer wasn't in stand by mode. And the monitor was off.. When I turned it on, it gave the blue screen talking about a crash! Now I ran the computer in safe mode and deleted everything that they recently downloaded (modding their shod gamertag) and when I rebooted the computer, it went right back into safe mode.. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Windows gateway running on vista*
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Virus? Incorrect driver?
    Its not a Hardware error. Try to download driverupdates in safemode and install them. If it still doesn't work, with the CD, use the Repair-Function of Windows. If it still crashes -> Reinstall Windows -> If it still crashes, Format and Install Windows.
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Vista, there's your problem =P
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yep. Get Seven.
  5. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ya this is prob a virus. If all else fails just re-image your pc.
  6. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lux, I tried to update, but everything was updated. And I can find where to go to reinstall vista >.< uhm doesn't windows 7 have a cost together on my computer? Don't think I could Pay for that

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It can be almost be impossible to find out what's giving you the Blue Screen of Death, especially if you're not the only one using the PC.

If you can get into Safe Mode, then yes it probably is a device driver or something like that. To reinstall windows, get the DVD that came with your PC. You could try to Restore your computer to an earlier time as well, that may work.

Not good news, sorry.

8. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You'll have to wipe and restore your hard drive. Look around, see if there are any ways of recovering data but thats the only thing I can think off. Install Windows 7 dude, seriously.
  9. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Installing windows 7 = best thing I ever did.

Although I did get a blue screen from W7 just last week! I restored the system, that did the trick

10. berky93

berky93 New Member

deleting downloads wont do anything. you need to undo the damage that those files caused. uninstall the programs, delete the temp files, etc. try running msconfig and disabling all startup items and services and see if that helps. if so, you can use the ol' trial and error method to weed out the bad entries