Blu-ray Digital Copy won't go ipt2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TooGoodAtCOD4, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought The Dark Knight on Blu-ray and it came with a Digital Copy for me to put on whatever I wanna put it on. Well, I put it on my ipod (using iTunes) the first time after entering the code yadda yadda then restored it back to the original format later. Now I am trying to put it back on my ipod and it won't let me. When I drag it over to the ipt in iTunes, it just comes up with this NO symbol. This is obviously because it thinks I am trying to put it on another person's ipod; however, this is not the case. Any suggestions of how I can get what is rightfully mine on this ipod again?? Floola maybe?

Thanks for the advice,

TooGoodAtCOD4

(Forgot to add: ipt2g, jailbroken)
  2. adamnewy

adamnewy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    what format is it .avi or what
  3. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "Protected MPEG-4" says iTunes

You're tell me 35 people have looked at this and none of them knew how to do this?? Come on guys... help me out please! You want me to take a picture with my phone of the legally purchased digital copy blu-ray? jk (but I will)
  4. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How about re-encoding the movie? Like a MPEG to iPod converter?
  5. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This problem is GD pissing me off. I downloaded SharePod and put the movie on my ipod... and yes, it's there technically. However the ipod refuses to recognize it as a movie or at all. When I added it from iTunes the first time, there were details on it like rating, director, etc. etc. Infact SharePod thinks its a song because all of the options are like track number, genre (pop, rap, etc.), artist.

If anyone can throw some suggestions at me it would be appreciated. I'm not a noob, i've posted quite a few times on here helping others, this doesn't seem like a hard question, and I'm sure that the answer to this is pretty simple... just gotta find it.
  6. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know the answer...stop being so demanding, people will answer if they know the answer to your problem.

You can try re-downloading the movie, it might be a corrupted file.

And I don't understand what you mean by this:

"When I drag it over to the ipt in iTunes, it just comes up with this NO symbol. "

Can you post a screenshot or something?
  7. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be demanding, it's just frustrating and it seems to me like an easy fix I just don't know it. I successfully put the Digital Copy once on my previous ipt2g using the same method.

What I meant by my statement was: I am in iTunes, my ipt2g is connected, everything's gravy. The first time I did this, I was in the movies folder of my library where the Blu-ray Dark Knight is and dragged it over to the ipt2g and it was transferred. The second time I do this, (now), it has like a no symbol over it like so:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I looked at the preferences in the movie and it says "Protected MPEG4 video file" so I'm thinking that iTunes thinks it is still on another ipod somewhere and isn't going to let it transfer again.

Now, I was trying to find a way around this without compromising quality of the video so I downloaded SharePod. It turns out, sharePod successfully got it onto my ipt however the ipt doesn't recognize it as a video or at all for that matter. I appreciate your help it's just that everyone is eager as hell to insult someone of call someone a noob, but I see threads all the time that don't have even one response that I could answer (and do). I don't understand why.

I am more mad at the situation that not being responded to. Do not take my angry post above the wrong way. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
  8. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ... put your ipod on "manually manage music and videos"
  9. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude... this isn't my first ipod. It IS on manually manage.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks for the help, but I figured it out... changed something in SharePod and ended up working fine now. Thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.