Review Bloons

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by TDG, Jul 18, 2009.

1. TDG

TDG Active Member

bloons.jpg
    Developer: Ninja Kiwi
    Price: $0.99
    Release Date: 2009-4-5
    Version Reviewed: 1.1​

Bloons. I'd say a good percentage of us have already played this game on the computer, or at least know the concept. For those of you who haven't played it, Bloons is a fun strategy game in which you have to pop balloons with a dart, thrown by a monkey. Each level gets even more challenging as you go on, and with 100 levels, this is a great time waster.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here you can see our menu screen. We have four options, Play, Options, Help, and About. The only things we have here along the lines of options are Music Volume and Sound FX Volume. Our play button redirects us to a screen where you have 3 save slots, so you can save multiple games at one time.

Once you choose a save, you will be brought to this screen, allowing you to pick levels you've already completed. In a recent update back in May, the developer added a new level pack of 50, and a level editor.

As you can see, the level difficulty gets higher pretty quick. The controls are very simple to understand. You tap the screen, aim where you want the dart to go, stretch it in or out to decide the power of the shot, and release to shoot the dart. There are many types of balloons that you have to conquer, such as ice balloons, bombs, rainbow, and light saber. These balloons all have different effects which make the game all the more fun to play.

Here you can see the level editor. It's a very good interface and very easy to use. They let you use various tools as you can see, and there are virtually endless possibilities of levels you can create. One thing I wish they had was downloadable levels created by other users, and the ability to submit your own.

~

Like I stated above, the only problem I have with this app is the fact you can't submit and download levels. The developer hasn't updated the app since May, so it'd also be nice to see some things added like new levels, and the feature I stated above.

Overall, this game is a great time waster, and it never does get boring due to the fact that it has 100 levels and a level editor mode. If you do happen to be replaying the levels often, they still don't get boring, in fact, in my opinion, they're more fun to play the second time around. The graphics aren't great, but they're what you'd expect from Bloons. They also added a little extra. Once you beat one of the 50 level packs, you unlock a minigame where balloons randomly pop up on the screen, and you have to see how many you can pop with your finger over a certain amount of time.

Replay Value: 8.5/10
    Value For Money: 9.5/10

OVERALL RATING:
    8.7/10

2. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, you're really prolific with the review output! Nice review - very to the point.
  3. TDG

TDG Active Member

Thanks

I got bored a couple of days ago, so I just wrote a review out of boredom, and then I started doing more, and it got fun.
  4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Gewd jerbb.
  5. TDG

TDG Active Member

Thaincs.
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You sure do love doing reviews!

And they're pretty good too.
  7. TDG

TDG Active Member

It's actually pretty fun!
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ya i know

Right now, since i'm free I would be going mad like you (no offence

) but i've lost my iPod

9. TDG

TDG Active Member

Quick Update: Version 1.2 was just released, with 50 new Bloons levels. Have fun!
  10. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Lolz, nice review. By chance, did you get past the level that was called "Over the Lid" or something. Its terribly hard. Thats what she said.

Great review nevertheless