Bloody hell I am ever so confused, Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by botchok5, Apr 9, 2008.

1. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

Well I have just jail breaked my iPod with 1.1.4 firmwire, using Ziphone. I have been reading around the forums on how to get customized battery etc, and it shows that I need to download the file I want and some something called "SSH".
    So I looked around againt on what SSH is, and bla bla bla.... so now I looked around on youtube and this person has a program on the computer it prolly is that SSH thing I have no idea.

I looked at my iPod's installed appl it says it has "OpenSSH" now is this what I need?
    And how the hell do I get that program on my PC to access my iPods folder, these videos on youtube that I saw didnt show any of that and same applys to the other websites I checked at.
  2. jord

jord New Member

ziphone should have installed SSH onto your ipod already.. if not, then yes OpenSSH is what you need to install

just install winscp
    then login to your ipod's ip address (see ipod settings)
    then the password is alpine
  3. botchok5

botchok5 New Member

Thanks for a quick reply, how heres the problem lol im not really the greatest person when ti comes to doing these sort of stuff, but I have no idea where to get that "Winscp" you just said. lol sorry.

Edit: yea I just installed Wincp now on my PC

This Winscp thing is confusing lol, I dont know what to click and what to do.
  4. Joker

Joker New Member

there are many other programs like total commander, iPhonePCSuite, Iphonebrowsing etc... which are wired... no wifi needed...
    pretty cool...
  5. Joker

Joker New Member

Well, if its the beggining of WinSCP,:
    1. your login will always be your IP adress which you can find by pressing the arrow next to the wifi signal.
    2. Then your user will always be "root"
    3. Password will be "alpine"
    4. Then the rest is up to you...

Joker
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Also remember that your first login might take a bit-
  7. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

ok i will explain...

if u just want to change your battery than download customize...
    1 - SSH is a thing that lets u see ur ipods files and control them allowing you to customize,change,delete,fix or do whatever u want with ur files
    2 - to use SSH you must have something downloaded called OpenSSH --- zihphone should have dwnloaded for you but if its not just download it again also download services to toggle it on
    3 - use either Cuteftp pro or winscp --free
    4 - make a new acc-- pt ur ip adress.... username: root password: alpine
    5 - have fun