Blog made with iWebkit!

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by stillercity, Feb 23, 2009.

1. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Hey guys, I made an iWebkit blog, you may have heard me talking about it (but this site is so big, probably not

Please Register or Log in to view images

). Anyway, the website is http://ip2g.free-site-host.com, check it out! If you read the most current blog post, it is an alpha release, so there will be a lot of errors that need to be fixed. All the users will be testers of this website, so hopefully, I'll be able to update to a beta version fairly soon.

Now I know what you're thinking... wow, another website. What makes this one better than the rest? Currently, it's probably not better than a lot of websites. But here's the thing: I'm open to all, I mean ALL, suggestions that are within the realm of possibility. But I will not install iForum on it. If I want to make a forum for iP2G, I'll make it myself

So check it out, and remember, if you have any suggestions, go here. I'd love to hear what people think about my website too.

Also, I may be looking for a blog writer soon, so any writers out there, send me a PM or hit me up with an e-mail.

-iP2G
    (hey can I change my name to that admins?)
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Nice.

It isn't necessary to shut-down during changes.

I use Filezilla FTP and "reload" the page in different browsers to see how the changes I make display in different browsers, but you won't need to do that.

The "updates" and any changes you make are all done in real-time, so there is no need to put up an "under construction" page.

My site is at Purple Cloud.

It has full service and is very inexpensive.

Others in the forum may have more suggestions.

I do think if you like to review games, for example, invite reviews of games or comments about games reviewed. If you have interest in other topics, perhaps list the topics.

In general, a blog has one purpose.

Maybe this blog could be about reviewing games, for example, inviting comments on the reviews, or not.

It might be a good idea to ask specific people to make suggestions. Maybe a "PM" to people whose "posts" make a connection for you. Hey, your comments about that game were great. Would you like to post at my Blog?

I never did that with the Blog I had. However, it is what you make it.
  3. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Thanks for the advice. I prefer CuteFTP for my updates, but I heard filezilla is cool too. I'm just saying it is an alpha version because there is a possibility that something won't work after I upload it (okay, there definitely will be something that won't work after I upload it

).

And I understand most blogs have one purpose, but I don't think this blog would get many views JUST for reviewing games. Maybe if it has some extra little diddles on it, but then again, I can't talk because I can't think of anything to add to it right now. I'm going to start working on a categories system and a more aesthetic post page, but for now, I'm just looking at reviews.
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just to let you know you will probably get an infraction for that link so take it away before anyone sees! Because a while ago I got one.
  5. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Eh I already got an infraction for it before, this isn't like advertising something I just want it to be reviewed. If SouthParkMobile can post their website, why can't I?