Blank screen with locked password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattylad, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mattylad

mattylad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi

My Ipod touch 16gb has suddenly stopped working.

It started when i was copying music to it from itunes, when the screen went blank, and now dosnt come on at all.

when i plug it into the p.c. itunes recognises it but dosnt connect saying that i need to unlock the password.

I do have a password on it, but now dont know what to do as i cant put the password in until the screen comes on

Please Register or Log in to view images

!!!!!!!!

any suggestions anyone
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was using my iPod once and the screen stopped working. I was listening to music and turned the screen off and the screen wouldn't turn back on but m music kept playing and everything. Just hold the home and power buttons until the apple shows up.
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still having problems if the above solution, your iPod may have just "went dead". (happens sometimes)

Plug it in, make sure iTunes "recognizes it" by saying you need your passcode.
    From here, press and hold the home and power buttons until your iPod goes black.
    Once it turns black (if it was already black, just hold them for 10 seconds), release the power button.
    Keep holding the home button until you hear the beep on your computer saying its been recognized.

Let the DFU Drivers install (if youve never put it in DFU Mode before), then Restore in iTunes.