Blank screen when connected to computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AcidQueen, Aug 1, 2008.

1. AcidQueen

AcidQueen New Member

My husband bought a refurbished 8 gb Touch. Now that the warranty has run out, it's not working, of course. It's semi dead. Now when plugged into the computer nothing happens, won't turn on, iTunes can't see it any more. He has a third party cable that plugs into the wall. The Touch turns on and seems to work, except it won't connect to our wireless network. Once unplugged, blank screen, won't turn on. We've tried connecting it to different computers and different USB ports, nothing. Tried holding the on button and home button, separately and together, nothing. I'm thinking it needs a new battery but, who knows, I might have missed a thread or comment with the perfect solution. So, to be on the safe side, I wanted to post and check. Anybody got any ideas or is it off to the Apple Store for us?
  2. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Honestly i could suggest some things but im not sure how valid they are, I'd wait a bit for some veteran members to respond, i'm sure they have an answer

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. AcidQueen

AcidQueen New Member

I think the more ideas the better, b1j4nt, so why not go ahead and post yours.

Please Register or Log in to view images