Blank Screen, part 2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SkaterGOD/DOOD23, Mar 22, 2008.

1. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, I have searched, and done everything I could to try to fix this problem. There was one guy who's iPod was fixed with a simple restore when this happened... But here is my problem:

Scenario:

Okay, I just started with a fresh 1.1.3 jailbroken and wanted to add some more sources to installer (ipodtouchmaster source so I could install the iPhone apps.). So, I was typing and my iPod just freezes and does not respond. Nothing, the screen just didn't do anything when I touched it. So, I hit the sleep wake, then turn it on again, this time the typing that I already typed loads and everything is typed in. Except, I have a spelling mistake, so I attempt to backtrack and the iPod freezes once more.. Now I'm getting nervous and turn it off once more. This time, the screen remains blank. So, I connect to iTunes and attempt to update the iPod to the same firmware (1.1.3). "Unknown Error:1602". I search the forums, find a few other people with the same problems.. So I see a simple restore might help. I reconnect my iPod to the computer and then "USB Deivce Not Recognized" Error: One of the USB devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned, etc. etc. So now I cannot connect to iTunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

EXTRA information: I'm using the >System>Upgrade 1.1.3 - Jailbreak.

So I need some help and was wondering if anyone could help me.
  2. Hman

Hman New Member

Well, uh, that sucks. What if you hold down the sleep and home buttons when you insert it into your comp, and see if that works, like re-jailbreaking it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, that worked? Awesome, thanks!
    +rep
  4. Hman

Hman New Member

You have got to be kidding me. I just guessed, lol. No problem, though.